Dell Latitude 7480 & Dell Latitude 5000 Series upgrade help an advice needed

with either the

Dell Latitude 7480 Business-Class Laptop | 14.0 inch FHD Touch Display | Intel

Core 7thGEneration i7-7600

or

Dell Latitude 5000 Series, 5400 14-inch, Core i5-8265U

can the ram be upgraded an by how much an what type what max speed an can i

put a nvme an a ssd it an can the battery be upgraded or replaced ?

Generally you can find out if they user serviceable slots by googling [laptop model here] disassembly
And you find videos for them on youtube

Laptop batteries these days tend to not be upgradable, but you can find out if it’s replaceable in the videos
They generally also lean towards the stock ram speed of the CPU installed
You can refer to the exact size and speeds they support by going on the support page of the laptop and viewing it’s user manual

1 Like

Just so you know, both CPU have several hardware vulnerabilities which will cripple performance quite a bit so you probably want to look at something more recent and I wouldn’t spend money except perhaps on a cheap SSD (with DRAM). If you’re on a low budget just look at the cheapest consumer laptop you can get with an IPS panel (usually some variant of Ideapad 5 or Acer Aspire 5).

What’s wrong with 7th and 8th gen Intel?

1 Like

You can find several articles about how all these mitigations also affects overall performance

thanks for all that

5400 would be my choice.

I hated dealing with the 74XX series of laptops. So much packed in, no room for cooling.

1 Like

ok thanks thats were i was leaning

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.