So following on from this thread: Thinking of not doing Dell again for biz machine (CAD/3D)
I’m going to bite the bullet and get this:
The reasons for this:
- Within the next 6 months, I’m going to be working from home, so it certainly won’t be a computer I use at home!
- I really wanted 6-core, but see about, my future tower will have more than enough cores (for rendering and poss video related things)
- The price is much better compared with Dell. Following on from that, Dell have a base model with 4GB of RAM?!? eh? HP are supplying at no extra cost, an NVME 1TB HDD.
- The support may not be as good as Dell, but I’ll just see how I get on - and because it’s mine, it will be taken care of.
- The graphics card is pretty good, though I’m going with AMD this time around (I did want a machine with either a P620 or P2000).
So there we go, any comments welcome before I press the checkout button tomorrow! I have to do this as my GF has yet again asked to use my laptop. I bought home a very old emergency laptop (Dell 9400, dual core, no HT’ing…old), but she said it was too slow. I had to agree with her, at least I tried to recycle!