Deciding on a case for a new builder

So I’m waiting for the last of my parts to come in but the piece I still don’t have is the case that will house the system. Here are the current specs so far:

• Ryzen R5 1600
  • ASUS Prime B350 Plus
  • Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000 MHz (compatible as per the QVL)
  • MSI Aero GTX 1070 8G OC (The only one I could find at the time was the blower card…may be replaced down the road)
  • EVGA 650w 80+ GOLD
  • WD Caviar Blue 1TB Hard Drive
  • SanDisk 1260GB SSD

So first and foremost the important thing I want to get out of the way…I would presonally like to spend around 50-70 USD for the budget but if I need to I will spend an extre 10 to 20. I’m looking for a mid tower ATX case so I don’t have to worry about needing cable extensions. Cooling is a bonus as is tool-less drive bays for both 3.5 and 2.5 drives. I guess the point I’m trying to make is I would prefer a case that’s easier to build in, no fuss no muss.

If possible I could like a case with 2 fans with upgrade ability being possible since the MOBO only has 2 fan headers for the case in question.If I can find any of these qualities for the “best bang for the buck” approach I would take it in a heartbeat. I was looking through the Deepcool TESSERACT which looked nice but the PCIE tabs have to be ripped off and there have been some complaints regarding cable management. Some have suggested cases like the Meshify C which look really good but I would like to save a little bit if I can help it. I have no preferences towards anything such as RGB lighting or plexiglass side views either if it means I could save a couple bucks but I’m not exactly strapped for cash. just trying to recoup some of the costs with prior purchases.

my brother got it for his build, the front fans are quite loud, so switch them out if you want quieter ones. When you wear headphones you can’t really hear it.
was fairly easy to build in, make sure you manage your cables well because it won’t close if you do a half ass job

here’s a playlist of case reviews look through and find one you like see if GN liked it

1 Like

Would I be correct if the Meshify C is in the list of reviews? A couple of people have recommended me it and it looks nice and tidy even for the higher price.

yeah it is
up to you to decide it is your pc so at the end of the day you can decide on which case to get

The thing is I’m indecisive since this is the first case I’m getting. The PSU shroud for those cases are easy to take out right?

Some cases make it easy to remove, others have it bolted into the case. Most case makers usually bolt the PSU shround for structural support.

I don’t know off of the top of my head, so hopefully the videos explain it

Well I mean the Meshify looks like it has thumbscrews for it I mean if it’s easy to uninstall I don’t have an issue with it. The placement of the system will be on hardwood flooring so I won’t be able to see i exactly.

If it is between the meshify and tesseract, I’d go with the meshify just because airflow looks better and the thermals look pretty good.

If I were you I would either go with a plexiglass side panel if you want a window for your parts or have no window to cut down on the cost

1 Like

On sale for $40 (7 days left).

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/YhzZxr/fractal-design-focus-g-white-atx-mid-tower-case-fd-ca-focus-wt-w

1 Like