[Debian 13 Server/DietPi] Do X11-Based Qtile and IceWM Coexist Peacefully on Debian 13?

Hello,

I currently have Debian 13 installed with no GUI. It was installed in a headless configuration, so X11 isn’t even installed yet. (This is a Pi 5, so I’m not sure Wayland is even an option?)

I’d like to install IceWM for actual productivity (I want to use this system to do work), and also Qtile (so I can learn to tiling window managers at last). I’m going to install and configure and be using IceWM before I even get to installing Qtile, so all its configuration will already be there when Qtile is installed.

A couple of questions:

  1. I know some desktop environments do not like living together on the same machine. No idea if that’s also a thing for WMs. But: Does anyone know if IceWM and Qtile can coexist peacefully on the same machine without breaking each other’s configs?
  2. I’ll need to install a Session Manager. Is there a specific one I should be looking at for this combination of window managers?

Thanks!