Dac vs Audio Interface

I'm looking to upgrade my audio and can get my hands on a fairly cheap focusrite scarlett 2i2 and would if be better then getting a Fiio E10 or something similiar? Thinking about getting beyerdynamic dt-880 (250 ohm) would the scarlett work well with them?

Well, this isn't my field of expertise, but if I'm understanding correctly, the Scarlett is a recording device; it's used to get better sound recording, not playback. Unless you're a musician, I'd just get the Fiio E10 (or something similar)

I know this was posted awhile ago but I thought I'd chime in since I own a Scarlett 2i2. I use it with my desktop speakers (M-Audio AV40) and also with my headphones (Sennheiser HD380 PRO). I also use a Rolls HA43 PRO to give my headphones a bit more volume because with blurays and gaming at a decent volume it didn't have enough juice during intense scenes. I actually first bought a STX soundcard and planned on swapping out the op amps but after hearing the Focusrite there was no comparison. It was a clear winner. I've been into 2 channel and home theater for awhile now and have dropped a decent amount of coin on it. I enjoy listening and watching movies. You won't be disappointed if going with an audio interface. Do you think people would record and listen back to their recordings with gear that would in any way color the sound? If anything I think recording equipment would be the truest form of audio. And it's also a great way to get a lot for your money.

One thing to note is that with an impendence of 250ohms you will want a headphone amplifier to go along with it.

No, it would be worse. That device doesn't have enough power to drive those headphones.