D&D 5e Adventure on Roll20 - The Lost Mine of Phandelver (New DM ) FULL ATM

I am running The Lost Mine of Phandelver Campain using Roll20.net for the virtual table top. This campain will meet weekly with possible breaks between weeks depending on people schedule. It will run form 9pm EST to around Midnigt on Sundays. After this is complete I will probably move on to another campaign and continue from there.

We are ok with new players, as this campaign is designed with that in mind.

What you need to do:
-Select character(Listed below)
-Create roll20 account and provide me the info so I can invite you to my game or I can send you a join link. (Your character sheet will be there Along with its background)

Read some rules if possible.

This is the base free rules that Wizards provides.

Characters Available
Rouge Phantom
Cleric AdminDev
WizardNovasty
Fighter (Folk Hero)(Archer focus) Devcess
Fighter (Noble)(Tank focus)Devcess Wife

Campaign Background:
More than 500 years ago, clans of dwarves and gnomes made an agreement known as Phandelver’s Pact, by which they would share a rich mine in a wondrous cavern knows as Wave Echo Cave. In addition to its mineral wealth, the mine contained great magical power. Human spell caster allied themselves with the dwarves and gnomes to channel and bind that energy into a great forge (called the Forge of Spells), where magic items could be crafted. Times were good, and, and the nearby human town of Phandalin prospered as well. But the disaster struck when orcs swept through the North and Laid waste to all in their path.

A powerful force of orcs reinforced by evil mercenary wizards attacked the Wave Echo Cave to seize its riches and magic treasures. Human wizards fought alongside their dwarf and gnome allies to defend the Forge of Spells, and the ensuing spell battle destroyed much of the cavern. Few survived the cave-ins and tremors, and the location of the Wave Echo Cave was lost.

For centuries, rumors of buried riches have attacked treasure seekers and opportunists to the area around Phandalin, but no one has ever succeeded in locating the lost mine. In recent years, people have resettled the area. Phandalin is now a rough-and tumble frontier town.

Next Session: Jan 6 2019 9pm EST - Midnight

3 Likes

Time sounds perfect. I call Rogue! Will PM account info as soon as I make it.

1 Like

You can’t create your own character?
For the fighter noble, what is his alignment?

I am ok with you creating your own if you want, these have built in backstory and what not
Allignment: Lawful Neutral

What is the starter level?

1st level (its the campaign from the D&D starter set)

I might use my pacifistic monk, ehh… You guys may have to do the murdering for me xD.

Most of the characters aren’t to crazy, the crazies is Chaotic Good Most are some flavor of neutral

Lawful Neutral is my character.
It won’t kill anything, but turns a blind eye towards other people killing depending on situation as nothing is black and white. Also we want to live, not die…

Just people or literally everything?

Last time I used it, 95% I killed nothing.

I did incapacitate a lot of things, and some of them did try to come back for revenge… But we had a baby murderer in the party to prevent that…

2 Likes

Kill =/ fight as if you just knock out something its not dead

(that answers my question)

@novasty you have any restrictions on time sunday evening / night?

I should be good, pm me the noble, it might be more fun than my monk depending on backstory.

The backstory ties well into the story line (for all of them for the most part)

Got most everything done a few Small things I need to type up and a few tokens need created. So should be good to go this Sunday for those who are interested.

1 Like

I’d say saturday if you don’t have enough people, pop into the lounge and say you need “x” number of people for DnD, then pick the most trustworthy of people that say they wanna do it.

More than 500 years ago, clans of dwarves and gnomes made an agreement known as Phandelver’s Pact, by which they would share a rich mine in a wondrous cavern knows as Wave Echo Cave. In addition to its mineral wealth, the mine contained great magical power. Human spell caster allied themselves with the dwarves and gnomes to channel and bind that energy into a great forge (called the Forge of Spells), where magic items could be crafted. Times were good, and, and the nearby human town of Phandalin prospered as well. But the disaster struck when orcs swept through the North and Laid waste to all in their path.

A powerful force of orcs reinforced by evil mercenary wizards attacked the Wave Echo Cave to seize its riches and magic treasures. Human wizards fought alongside their dwarf and gnome allies to defend the Forge of Spells, and the ensuing spell battle destroyed much of the cavern. Few survived the cave-ins and tremors, and the location of the Wave Echo Cave was lost.

For centuries, rumors of buried riches have attacked treasure seekers and opportunists to the area around Phandalin, but no one has ever succeeded in locating the lost mine. In recent years, people have resettled the area. Phandalin is now a rough-and tumble frontier town.

General backstory information on the area.

Also for you two if there is things you want to buy in town prior to heading out on the hook (ill post more on what the hook is later) just let me know. Arrows will be counted, not sure on how i will do recovery, if standard rules or something else. I am not overly concerned about weight but if things get out of hand i will let you guys know

1 Like

Shops. Since I’ve never done DnD before, how’s that work? You have a list of available objects for us, or do we just run a list by you and you decide what we get to take with us?

yeah ill post a list later

I think this is accurate, but would need to validate any purchases with my PHB

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11cn7EmHDQpCzYWqqQ4BTMbmAA61oxtTv/view

Also pretty sure Wizzards has a downloadable players handbook that is not the full thing but has some good things in it. Ill try and find it when i get home as well since I cant access the site at work.

1 Like