Cyberpunk 2077 — Launch

So do I. Maybe I will conduct some testing as well, but I don’t think it will increase performance on my system since I’m GPU limited. (I play on 5120x1440 with everything on Ultra, even RT and DLSS Quality Mode.)

Well, I think it is good that the release some kind of statement. So we can suspect the most pressing issues to be solved in February.
Likewise, we can assume the team already stated last month that the would probably need until late January, early February to fix all the issues and management decided otherwise. Let’s hope it was a good decision in the long run.

1 Like

Well yeah I hope so too, but this is just not a good look. A lot of confidence in the company has just evaporated by all this this. Stuff like saying the PS4 and xBox one version ran “surprisingly well” and then you get what came out… yeah either that was just lies or their standards are scraping the crystals off those rocks at the bottom.

Still a good game on PC, still fun, but wow… several links in the chain of fuck up broke with spectacular fashion. Seem like only the developers were actually saying “no please we need more time” while the PR and management turned up the music put on sungalsses and stoked the hype train even harder.

I am glad they are doing something about it through patches and refunds but in these trying times those refunds on top of lost sales and stock values dropping will hurt.

1 Like

Yeah, but we do not know what drove them to this decision. To be honest, I don’t know how I would have decided in their stead.

Either there really was a discrepancy between how well CP2077 performed on their consoles and how it performs in the wild and they are as surprised as we are, or this is already a calculated risk. If they are as surprised as their consumers, then I don’t know how this will affect the stock price. However, if this is a calculated risk the damage would have been greater otherwise.
Also, I think they also assume that with a fair DLC policy and frequent updates/patches trust will be regained. Who knows, maybe they will also gift the first of their planned DLCs to people who pre-ordered and those who purchased on day 1.

I had a look at CDPR stock and saw the following. (Ignore the colourful lines):

There was a heavy drop right after the release followed by a medium rebound on the daily.

Naturally, there is a similar behaviour on the weeky, but in stock markets one usually follows a strategy called “buy the hype, sell the news”, so I would have suspected a drop in the stock’s value even if the game had 0 bugs and scored 10/10 everywhere. The only difference would have been a stronger rebound.

That being said, we have held up on the MA200 (yellow line) and also kept the previous support at roughly 233. Personally, I would say we are still in an upward channel, but this could also change fast.
If I had stocks I would hold them since the trend seems to be on the more bullish side, but we could roll over pretty fast. Therefore, I would probably set a stop at maybe 200, depending on my risk/reward ratio.

Edit: This is no financial advice and also keep in mind that I’m using a logarithmic chart.

1 Like

“Double-Digit performance gains”
Except it fuckin doesn’t

Literally makes it worse on my 1700X + RX580.

Based on your testing?

And nothing near ‘double-digit’

Oops just noticed you are the same person, sorry.

So the reverse of this does disabling Hyper-Threadding on Intel help or Hurt performance?

More useful stuff is here:

Virtual Input especially.
The ram pool size is a placebo, that CSV file basically gets ignored by the game engine.

(Requires no hex editing so you keep your achievements etc)

Ok, you are probably referring to the article, aren’t you?

This might be true. I noticed my GPU using more than 8GB VRAM w/o any changes in those files.

1 Like

Yeah by default it supposedly uses 3G for GPU and 1.5GB for CPU.
Except not
The file is a leftover

People are just tweaking whatever they can find, in utter desperation, often without a second thought.

Only actual useful edits so far are virtual input and AVX workaround.
The SMT is a landmine, you get more thread load for no guaranteed performance uplift. And the game stutters much worse in several areas.

Maybe there is a similar file somwhere in %LOCALAPPDATA%\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077. I will have to check.

A german games magazine tested the Ryzen fix on a 3600X woth a 2070 Super and noticed the following FPS increases:

Medium:

• 1080p --> 22%
  • 1440p --> 12%
  • 2160p --> 6%

Ultra:

• 1080p --> 11%
  • 1440p --> 0%
  • 2160p --> 0%

They also tested the threadpool thingy but didn’t notice any change in performance.

2 Likes

Anyone who watches/listens to Joe Rogan’s podcast should know who this is. My world just got smaller all of the sudden.

3 Likes

3 Likes