Cyberpunk 2077 — Launch

My brother is one of the lefties that uses left handed controls, he wanted to use keyboard and mouse and can’t play the game to any practical level wit out a controller.

Yes it is a small thing and less likely to be caught but am I really to believe the nobody testing the game (and testing seems ever less likely to have been done) is left handed and didn’t raise the point? Not one?

Yeah I did not expect perfect out.of the box that just doesn’t happen these days any more but this smacks more of being pushed to release by someone else, maybe consoles (it was meant to be a launch title), maybe investors (it was delayed 4 times), maybe management (Christmas is a big selling period) and over all it is fine but at the same time they always kept with the marketing that it would be done and that just kept slipping, what happened to When its finished.

Over all I am not unhappy just taken a back by the level of inconsistency in it. It works, just, well maybe sometimes(ask @fredrich_nietze), but I have no idea how it got past release validation for the consoles where the standard is enforced. PC you can do what you like, but yeah actively endangering a small group of people because you skipped a flash seizure test is kind of well terrifying. I really wonder what those offices look like internally.

1 Like

game no worky for me. on windows 8.1 read somewhere on another forums that cyberpunk wants a very specific version of windows 10 with a specific version of dx12 and refuses to run on anything else. for some reason microsoft is now letting game devs use dx12 on win 7 but not 8, not sure if win 7 is working or not.
over a year ago cyberpunk announced it was going to work on vulkan and linux, but cant even boot much less tell it to run in vulkan, and apparently a lot of linux gamers are having difficultys =/
apparently it is possible on linux with a specific version of proton + mesa + a amd gpu. if nothing changes in a month or so i’ll reluctantly start messing around in linux to see if i cant get it working. got witcher 3, skyrim, cs, ect working in linux back in the early days but all the bugs and frame isuses made me quit linux gaming and throw it all on windows.
https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Cyberpunk-2077-Proton-Linux

1 Like

An well, yeah… Sorry I don’t mean to offend but it is not supporting 8.1 at all. Very little is these days, I was on 8.1 for ages and AMD stopped releasing GPU drivers a year or so ago, maybe more.

Yeah at this stage, as good as CD Projekt and GOG are, I hold absolutely no hopenof them.supporting Linux, Witcher 3 and GOG Galaxy were both meant to have native Linux and those have never happened.

I don’t think they are as outright hostile to it as the likes of EPIC but it is simply not worth it for them, and you can buy the windows copies and run them through Proton pretty much perfectly.

Yeah, don’t get my wrong I absolutely agree that this should be possible. However, there aren’t that many left-handed folks who control their PC in a non-conventional way. I guess that could be a reason why no-one noticed. I certainly believe it to be possible, that not a single person noticed.

However, I’m quite sure the bugs were noticed and I think it was pushed for christmas. As to my knowledge, CD Projekt is a publicly traded company and therefore shareholders have to be satisfied to a certain degree. They probably didn’t really mind the one month delay, but being released after Christmas would have been an issue.

I haven’t thought about that yet, but that’s a good question!

Isn’t Windows 8 EOF? I think I read that a while ago, might be wrong though…

I think currently, they have more pressing issues. But yeah, Vulkan support would have been nice. That being said, doesn’t it run on Stadia? Therefore, shouldn’t there be Vulkan support in some way, shape or form?

Also, CD Projekt released an apology letter:

1 Like

If anything, I’m still holding out, until assured all bigly bugs, are stomped out. Also enough benchmarking made, across effectively bulk of tech released in last few years [regardless if Reference / AIB derived variant].

I hope someone tests away, with a 6C Phenom II-based setup, just for sh!ts and giggles

To clear something up about the SMT ‘issue’

And yes the game DOES suffer SMT resource contention problems on AMD processors which may or may not be patched in future.
Besides the placebo improvement from seeing more thread load the game performance barely changes, but you do get a chance for more resource load stalls and thread sync issues.

2 Likes

lol GoG 100% of your money goes to CD Projekt Group, that dosent make it look good for them imo

Thanks for digging that up :slight_smile:

Well, sure they are having issues now but to be honest. Why would I want the money to go to Valve or Epic, when I can buy it somewhere so 100% goes to the developers? I mean, if they messed it up enough I can always get a refund. But if I decide to purchase the game, I would always use the option where the developer gets the most of it. (If this option is convenient enough for my taste.)

1 Like

I bought this game for my brother literally two seconds after he had already bought it himself, and honestly, at the moment I’m kind of glad that he returned the copy I bought him. It’s nowhere near as bad as when I bought myself No Man’s Sky on launch, and it doesn’t seem to be on the same planet as the Fallout 76 debacle, but I knew from the get-go, especially given how many times CDP delayed this game that it was never going to live up to the hype on Day 1.

We’ll be running it on a couple systems, one a Ryzen 1600, the other an E5-2680v2, both running 1070s, so we’ll see how it goes. Sure as hell won’t be running at ultra, though.

1 Like

What’s the problem with this?

It implies that normally money goes somewhere else as well, just weird AF to put that there unless trying to shame or something

Well depending where you buy it yeah.

That would be the same as Valve putting up on Steam that 100% of the sales from Portal go to Valve.

Maybe people are not aware that GOG is owned by CD Projekt, but that would be the only thing odd about how that reads. Its not some sweetheart deal between two separate companies to drive the market under.

1 Like

just seems weird, do they put that up for other games like what % they take?

No I have never seen that but that’s also typically a contract thing and they tend to not get discussed by either party. So not surprising either.

Currently on my 2nd play through. Played street kid first and now Corpo, and I’m pretty disappointed how both just end up working exactly the same. Wanted to be a power hungry asshole in my second play through, and ended up sorta being forced to play a “F*** the system man!” type character.

Well, this doesn’t have anything to do with the state of game, does it though? Who needs two keys for a game? (Or did I get something wrong?)

Well yes and no. Did I expect CDPR to satisfy each and everyone? Almost certainly not. (I’m looking forward to the release of Star Citizen in this regard :smiley: .) But I also assumed the first delay would increase the quality of the product. The second delay was more questionable, since it hinted at more issues in with the game and in hindsight I think they were quite aware that they won’t be able to fix these issues in time. (Maybe they hoped to fix the most pressing concerns.) But for me, it does live up to the hype.

Currently, I’ve spent 15h in the game and I’ve only encountered one bug. In this bug, an NPC walks through an elevator door without opening it, that’s it. Also, I’m content with the performance of the game. It demands a lot, but from a visual standpoint it is the most stunning game I’ve seen in the recent years and I’m looking forward to enabling psycho mode when I play it for the third time (maybe in 7680x2160 :D) with a ton of ini tweaks.

Am I one of the lucky few? Honestly, I doubt that even though there are certainly issues with that game and there are many who are not so lucky. (If you are playing on an old console, you are basically fucked :-()
Also, I know four people who are playing this game and also don’t experience any issues. Sure, this information is not representative from a statistical standpoint and just hearsay, but still…

As @Zibob has mentioned, Valve takes 30%, while Epic takes less. Don’t know how much though.

Haven’t seen it before, I still think it is a valid information for many users. A friend of mine bought in on GOG for that very reason. (He didn’t know that before I told him.)

2 Likes

Admittedly I didn’t word that right. It was meant to be an early christmas present, but I got ninja’d. And then the reports came out about all the bugs everyone was coming across and I gradually felt better and better about getting ninja’d.

1 Like

Ok, now I get you :slight_smile:

eof?

yea, not just vulkan but linux. their has to be a linux run vulkan version, and we just dont get it only google =/

Oops, meant E(nd) o(f) L(ife)… EOF doesn’t make any sense here :laughing:

Maybe we will :crossed_fingers:

@bedHedd Since @catsay posted a detailed explanation why SMT could have been disabled on purpose my link above could just be snake oil. So, further investigation will be required.

1 Like