Custom water cooling the EVGA 3090ti FTW3

Does anyone know of any good water blocks for the EVGA 3090ti FTW3, It takes up a lot of space (4-Slots). What I would like to do is gain some of my PCIE slots back since I Litterally have all but one other covered and would love to do some virtualization stuff with other cards (NIC’s, USB, etc…).

Another question could you get it down to a 2 slot card, The case bracket is 3 slot so probably need a new slot cover if that is possible? Is there anywhere that I could get one?

Get a pcie raiser cable

1 Like

Ive thought of that and in the case there is somewhere to do a vertical mount off but the 3 slot bracket will interfere with that plus the cooler with the card still attached will not leave room for any PCIE cards, hence why I was looking into water cooling the card

1 Like

Probably only solution would be the ek universal block (gpu die only) not the prettiest but prob only option if you don’t see one

btw for anyone who cares there is a water block for this that EKWB makes, actually they make two

For those who are looking for cheaper, but quality alternatives.

Aliexpress sells them for cheaper usually. I bought mine straight from Ali and it has been superb. The build quality is very nice. Mine is for reference 3090 though, but I think both would have similar build quality.

Definitely get active backplate for 3090, it helps a lot. In games I play it doesn’t even get above 60C, in mining it was topping out at 88C on VRAM and ~60C on core.

Yeah I love water cooling, water cooling a 3090 ti is definitely worth it and think if your going to the 40 series then water cooling is kinda a must for keeping things cool enough for overclocking if your into that, which I’m really not… I like overclocking the cpu not the gpu as much.

Also for my setup…
The things I’m cooling are a 5950x and a 3090ti
My coolant temps are around 43c when stress testing both the cpu and gpu at the same time

I have size constraints with my case that doesn’t allow for a lot of radiators so the 43c is with the fans running at full blast, I would have liked more radiators but that’s what I could get away with, also Please don’t use corsairs fan and rgb controllers if running on Linux, it sucks to control them.

43c is pretty good if it’s both CPU and GPU on the same loop. Although I am not sure you can stress test both at the same time without throttling GPU performance.

What is your ambient room temperature like? Mine is around 25C right now.

I control my fans and RGB from EUFI. Only wish there was an option to control based on GPU temperature in there. But my separate AIO for cpu is controlled based on CPU core temperature EUFI.

yeah its about that too that I have in my house, I just wanted more rads so I could hopefully slow down the fans a little

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.