Custom mod the Nintendo Switch to Jetson X2 SOC -- feasible?

So, the Switch seems a gen behind. I looked up the specifications for the Tegra X1 and what appears to be its (non-obvious) successor, the Jetson X2. What I read from Nvidia's public embedded systems documentation says the two SOC's are pin compatible. Despite this, what might prevent such a modification of a switch system from working?

Idk if Nintendo's software would let that go by unnoticed. Also, it might not be unreasonable to suggest that the software optimization done for the X1 chip in the Switch might mean that even a faster X2 might not actually result in as many frames per second, due to the lack of any specific hardware optimization. Some optimization would ofc be applicable to the X2, but idk if it would actually perform better or not in games.

1 Like

The pin layout is the same because both processors are almost identical in any possible way. Would be just a waste of time and money, in my opinion. Also we don't know what kind of mofifications Nintendo asked Nvidia to do under the hood for that chip.

P.S. for now the Nintendo Switch is a Zelda machine. Is much more smart buying the Wii U edition of the game and playing it on PC with an emulator.

It came out in the news that they're actually using stock nivida chips.