Custom Dual GPU EK waterblock adapter

I built a 3900x system with a 5700xt about 2 years ago. I started running a Windows VM pretty regularly on my Linux system so I decided a dual watercooled GPU setup was in order for a GPU passthrough. I picked up 2 pristine MSI red dragon 1080ti’s on Ebay at a good price. Then I realized how shallow the O11 Dynamic case was because I couldn’t get the side panel on with the way the water connectors sit on top of the GPUs. I’ve been running it that way for a few months but I just got my CNC mill running again so I decided to do something about it.

I just rigged it up, I’ll fix the crooked pipes later, and yes the cover is aluminum. I couldn’t get ahold of brass sheet when I tried. I made one out of poly-carbonate as well but it seemed too flimsy. I run corrosion inhibitors so I’m not too worried about it at the moment but I’ll either make it out of something else soon or cover the bottom of the aluminum cover with Mylar which will stop fluid from actually contacting the aluminum.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.