Cursor disappearing in Firefox and Chrome on Fedora: Mesa bug?

I’ve recently updated as of March 10 and I’m wondering of anyone has ran into an issue where both Chrome and Firefox have disappearing cursors when a window is maximized or full screen. I originally had this issue whenever Looking Glass was open, and the fix would be to restart the session, but now, it’s happening even when I’ve never opened it up. Chrome also has this issue even when running it in XWayland forced using the ozone platform options in chrome://flags.

It’s more obvious when you have multiple screens, as if you maximize/fullscreen a window in another monitor that isn’t the primary, the cursor disappears, but it doesn’t when you full screen something like a Youtube video on the main screen. This leads me to believe that the window isn’t technically fullscreen because the top bar is taking some space.

I’m using more or less stock Fedora, with the default Adwaita and Cantarell fonts. Nothing interesting in journalctl -f either. I suspect this has something to do with the Radeon Mesa driver, as I coundn’t get this to reproduce on a Intel iGPU system. Disabling hardware acceleration or downgrading mesa via dnf downgrade seems to fix this.

Has anyone recently run into this issue?

EDIT: I tried downgrading Mesa again and it didn’t work this time. Aargh.

I don’t have the issue with the integrated Radeon Graphics of my “Barcelo” Ryzen. Also on Fedora, newest Updates, etc.

I have this with VLC sometimes and when i close and restart VLC, the issue is gone. But not in other applications.

Are you running FF on a secondary monitor with it maximized? It’s really easy to tell there.

I’ve had an issue in Firefox on Fedora 37 using wayland where every so often the mouse does not properly interact with elements in the browser (mouse-over events, hyperlink underlining, etc.). Window resizing also messes up, not updating the contents of the window. I’ve found that turning on and off the title bar by going to the menu → more tools → customize toolbar and un-checking and re-checking the title bar box on the bottom left fixes the issue temporarily.

I searched it up recently and I think it had something to do with some wonky hardware acceleration settings for Intel en/disabled by default.

I tried using icecat (fork of firefox) and had no issues.

Hmm. The title bar trick didn’t work. I just tried maximizing GNOME calendar, and it just had the same bug.

I have fixed my problem by restarting chrome.