Current Projects

Yeah, using an IBU calculator the recipe came out to 53 IBU, which is right in the middle of IPA territory according to the chart. I didn't sample any because I was planning to have some barleywine after, so I have no idea what he actually means.

Sounds like an interesting project. Got any pictures of it?

2 Likes

I've been doing a lot of stuff with my model trains. I'm building a "locomotive shops" sort of facility, with a repair building and a fueling area out front. Most recently I painted, weathered, and began assembling the fueling equipment. For anyone wondering this is a Walther's kit that has been heavily modified to fit my existing track spacing.

The section of the railyard where the shops are, before I started on the fueling facility:

Here's the first painted parts. I painted the steel beams with common Rustoleum spraypaint, and I "painted" the pipes/valves with sharpies since I had them on hand.

This is one of the pumps sitting on the concrete base it hasn't been glued yet, just a test fit) before I weathered the concrete and rusted the pipes.

This is after I weathered the concrete and the pipes. I used a couple different brown/black acrylic paints, with wet and dry paper towels, sandpaper, and other random materials I use to scuff/chip the concrete. The pipes were simply rolled in brown acrylic paint and then lightly blotted until most of the paint was gone, leaving tiny specks of grime all over the pipe.

7 Likes

I commend your efforts... I like doing a model car here and there but the model railroad community is just so much more anal and detailed than I would want to be... it is beautiful work though and the effort put into it deserves recognition. You should make a thread of your own for something as detailed and complex as this. (^_^)-b

I don't at the moment unfortunately, it is still in pieces, and a few pieces are still missing. Also, I am unsure whether to strap a battery to it. Anyway, I'll make room for it for future integration. And also, I have a master thesis to write, so time is ideally spent there :/

1 Like

Chainmaile.

3 Likes

I developed a taste for soda water while I was in Germany. I'm in the process of acquring the supplies to add this capability to my keg fridge.

I'm going to add a filling station next to the fridge, complete with carbon filter. This way I dont have to carry corny kegs all over the house. Should be a simple and fun project.

Unfortunately tax season takes away all my time for projects... But I do have a potentially fun/ hair splitting one coming up when that's over if I can get the thing running.