CS:GO Makes My Fans Go Crazy

So I bought CS:GO yesterday and I'm having a problem. Basically the game makes my GPU (EVGA GTX 760 ACX) fans spin like crazy and it's really loud. From what I understand this game is low spec so what's the deal? Other more demanding games such as Skyrim or Tomb Raider play fine. Other Source games such as Left 4 Dead and the Portal games play fine. It's just this game that gives me this problem.

I've tried optimizing the game using GeForce Experience. I've also tried using the 'Launch Settings' within steam to set the game to max_fps 120 and max_fps 60, but still the fans go ape. I'm probably being a derp and doing something wrong, so if someone could point me in the right direction it'd be much appreciated.

can you monitor your gpu temps and usage and see what's going on?

Hi. So I downloaded afterburner, but I've never used it before so i wasn't entirely sure what you needed to see. I just checked some of the boxes that I thought might be relevant, although some of the on-screen abbreviations were different. I hope this all makes sense to you.

GPU: 71%, 65 degrees celsius, 77%, 58%, 1228 MHz

Mem: 3005 MHz

Lim: 0

D3D9: 299 FPS

CPU1: 61 degrees celsius, 45%

CPU2: 60 degrees celsius, 26%

CPU3: 58 degrees celsius, 59%

CPU4: 58 degrees celsius, 46%

RAM: 3127 mp

I hope that doesn't come across as a load of gibberish to you. If you want me to get any other details let me know and I'll try. I should also mention that although the numbers obviously change in game, they never deviated too far from what I have written here. There were no big spikes or anything.

turn on v-sync, geforce experience is junkware, you're getting 300FPS

Isn't that just the same as adjusting the fps in launch options though?

apparently not if you're  getting 300 fps

Lol good point. I'll give that a go then, although people seem to really hate vsync.

doesnt seem that hot dunno why your fans would ramp up like that. only solution i can suggest is that you create your own fan speed profile or set your fan to the maximum tolerable speed/noise and see if that is enough to keep your temps from getting too high.

Vsync issues don't really matter when you're churning out 300 FPS, it's rendering so fast that the perceived lag will be non existent while vastly reducing power consumption and heat produced by the GPU to run the game.

lag isn't an issue its his GPU overworking itself churning out high FPS so his fans are loud, turning on vsync will limit how hard the GPU works to 60FPS

Thanks for all the help guys, especially Gigabuster who was right on the money. I turned vsync on and set it to triple buffered and now it's sitting around the 60fps mark and my fans have shut the fuck up. Awesome.

Which is exactly what I said, his GPU is so fast at rendering CS:GO that all negative impacts fro vsync are canceled out by the GPU being so fast that they are nonexistent.

Having vsync on won't cause the GPU to render the individual frames slower then it otherwise would, it'll just only be rendering a frame when the monitor can actually display one and then sitting idle till the next frame is up for rendering instead of rendering a bunch of frames that'll never make it to the screen.

Check your graphics settings: Make sure that your graphics settings are not too high for your GPU. You can try lowering the resolution, the shadow quality, and the anti-aliasing.

Update your drivers: Make sure that your graphics drivers are up to date. You can download the latest drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

Use a custom fan curve: You can use a custom fan curve to make the fans spin slower. This can be done through the graphics card’s software or through a third-party program.

Undervolt your GPU: Undervolting your GPU can help to reduce the heat output and the fan noise. This can be done through the graphics card’s software or through a third-party program.

This should help resolve the issue. By the way, I also play cs go pretty well. Also inside the game I have a hobby in the form of collecting skins for weapons. I have about 60 skins in my collection, but the coolest one is XM1014 | Scumbria. In the game, he looks just fine.