Crock Pot Recipes

I have recently discovered the glory of crock pot cooking. I was curious to see if any of you have any recipes to share. I have one that is quite easy and can be used for quite a few meals...

5-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts

1 cup of your favorite salsa

Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 10 hours.

You can easily shred the meat when it's done to use on sandwiches, lettuce wraps, salads, tacos, etc. 

try this.
2 breasts of chicken or turkey.

3 leeks, 1 large onion, 3/4 pint of chicken stock, 5-8 medium potatoes (cut in half), add some minor winter veg. season to taste.

basically, cut the veg roughly. put it on the bottom as a bed for the meat. add the meat then top it with the stock and seasoning (i add loads of pepper at this point). cook on high for 3 hours, low for around 8.  just before the end, add some cooked pasta to the pot and stir.

then just dish it out. good hearty meal, cheap, healthy and easy. 

anything and everything. 

my favorite is cocktail weenies and grape jam.  low for 4 hours 

Half a block of Velveeta

1 lb of sausage

1lb of beef

one large jar of salsa

Can of cream of chicken soup

Can of cream of mushroom soup

Throw it in on high until melted.

Great dip.

If not thin enough, add more soup.

this is how i make pulled pork (in the winter, i use my smoker in the summer)

you will need:

1 pork shoulder (i usually do 3-3.5 lbs)

BBQ sauce (Store bought will work home made is always better. I can give several recipes for Sauces upon request)

1 large onion (if using a hot bbq sauce i use Vidalia if using a sweeter or smokier sauce i use plain yellow)

coarse kosher salt

course black pepper

lightly season your pork with the salt

add pepper to your taste

layer bottom of your slow cooker with half of your onion sliced as thin as you can get it (use a mandolin slicer if you have one)

Pop that pork shoulder on top of said onions

Drown that sucka in 35-40 oz of your desired sauce

top with the remainder of your paper thin onion

cook on low until fork tender (8-10 hours)

remove from slow cooker and transfer to carving board

Drink a beer while your meat rests ( I recommend the same after vigorous love making)

using 2 forks shred the pork removing excess fat bits (or leave em in if you like i don't really care)

at this point you can eat it however  I usually do one last step. If you are willing to take the extra step i dare say it is worth it. transfer sauce from cooker to blender with onions still in it. Pulse the blender on and off several times and strain through a mesh sieve into a container of your choosing to use for extra sauce on your BBQ. this sauce can be kept in the fridge but will not keep as long as store bought BBQ sauce as it has awesome meatyness and no preservatives

Enjoy

This recipe is for the sole purpose of feeding hungry Tek Syndicate members any other use without express written consent constitutes fraud. /s