CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION on Windows 8.1

I recently upgraded my motherboard to an Asus M5A99fx Pro R2.0 and installed Windows 8.1 after upgrading. That was about two weeks ago and everything ran well at first, but lately my computer has been crashing everytime I try to play a game and sometimes even when I'm just using the internet. It blue screens and won't show me anything when it crashes while I'm gaming but when it crashes while browsing the internet it tells me to look up CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION. At first I thought that the crashes could have been due to my overclocking but because the problems persisted after setting everything to stock, I have concluded that Windows is most likely at fault here.

I would like to know whether anyone has encountered this problem before and how they resolved the issues with Windows 8.1. I would much rather fix the issues that I'm having with Windows 8.1 than have to revert to using Windows 7.

System specs:

• CPU: AMD FX 8320
  • GPU: SAPPHIRE 100352-3L Radeon HD 7950
  • CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i
  • MOBO: ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0
  • PSU: Corsair HX 750
  • RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X 8gb (2x4gb) 2400mhz running at 1600mhz
  • SSD: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series SV300S37A/120G 2.5" 120GB
  • HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb

Put the install media into the computer and boot to it. Let it perform an automated repair and see if that returns anything.

I tried that but it wouldn't work. It gave me an error message and then just booted into Windows.

It appears as though the problem was caused by Asus' AI suite software

heh... maybe it's incompatible with 8.1.... or a bad HDD

Just to be sure: after upgrading your motherboard you performed a clean installation of Windows and didn't just apply the 8.1 update to an already existing Windows 8 install, yes?

I upgraded it from Windows 7 directly to Windows 8.1. I talked to tech support with Microsoft and after analyzing my computer, they determined that it was a driver issue. I tested the driver and it turned out that it was AI suite

I doubt it, when I upgraded Windows, it uninstalled the programs I had installed already so I went to Asus' website to download all of the drivers for Windows 8.1

Since AI Suite isn't essential, I'm not even going to bother reinstalling it