CPU News: Intel announces 1 year delay to 7nm / AMD Stock Price Surpasses Intel's for First Time in 15 Years

Huzzah, Intel gets some Cosmic level Karma bitch slap sent their way!

AMD hitting a inflection point in their recent stock history!

4 Likes

Oof, this is gonna hurt Intel if TSMC pulls off 5nm.

3 Likes

Apple already has deals for their 3nm chips with TSMC fabricating them

1 Like

If Ryzen hadn’t taken the industry by storm a few years ago, Intel would be calling their 7nm process “groundbreaking” and shipping them to eager customers.

I’m glad to see meaningful competition in the space.

Woohoo, I’m loving this competition in the desktop market! Now, if only we had the same in the SOC market. AMD + Samsung, please tag-team against QualComm! D:

Could lead to an interesting bit of fact checking. Intel have consistently claimed their bigger number process is better than TSMCs smaller number process.

Now for the XE GPUs they might very probably have to use TSMC for them and if they then later make their own there would be a direct comparison between their processes.

Might not happen, they could decide to keep anything made in TSMCs fabs to always be made there, but it could be interesting. Potentially leading to people looking for chips from certain runs and fabs because they are better than the same chip from elsewhere.

Sorry, but after 10nm being “ramping” since 2016, and being the owner of an ice lake machine that barely keeps up with Skylake due to the 10nm process being total garbage (the architecture improvements save it, just), all I can say is…

:rofl:

edit:
the only reason I have Icelake is because I needed a new MacBook (was rocking a Broadwell machine). it will be handed off to the GF as soon as Apple Silicon models land and prove themselves. :slight_smile: Currently she’s still using my Broadwell MacBook Pro :+1:

1 Like

What competition? Intel aren’t anywhere close.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.