CPU coolers

So I need a new CPU cooler. I have a 3570k and I don't want to spend more then $75-$80. Air or water cooling I don't really care

The best you'll be able to do within that price range is going to be the Noctua NH-D14, which is an amazing heatsink. If you spend $4 more though, you'll be able to get the best air cooler on the market, the Phanteks PH-TC14PE, which will be a few degrees cooler than the NH-D14. Both are amazing coolers though.

Noctua NH-D14: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608018

Phanteks PH-TC14PE: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835709001

Alright awesome I was really just trying to choose in between those too I just haven't had any experience with Phantek but they seem amazing!

Yeah, the Phanteks coolers are really nice. They basically took the design of the Noctua NH-D14 and improved upon it, so it's probably around 3 degrees Celcius cooler.

Just make sure the heatsink will clear your ram if you have anything with a tall heatsink.

Just to add to Vortex88's chocies (which are awesome) you could get the Thermalright Silver arrow SB-E, or a Silverstone Heligon HE-01, which doesent cover any ram slots at all, so you wont have clearence issues.

Should I also pick up some Corsair SP120's or are the stock fans really good?

I don't know anything about the Silverstone cooler, but I know that the Silver Arrow performs worse than the Noctua NH-D14 when the CPU is overclocked and under load. I don't know how much better the new Silver Arrow SB-E is than its predecessor.

The stock fans should be good enough, but the Corsair SP120's should give you even better temperatures because of the static pressure. Just make sure that the mounting system will work with those fans before you buy them. Also keep in mind that the SP120 Performance Editions are going to be quite a bit louder than the stock fans. Noctua NF-F12's are much quieter and perform slightly better than the SP120's, but I can understand if you don't want those because the aesthetics are pretty ugly.

EDIT

Actually, I take that back. The NF-F12's will perform better than the SP120 Quiet Editions, but the Performance Editions should wipe the floor with the NF-F12.

So my best bet is getting the noctua with the SP fans?

No, the best would be the Phanteks with the SP fans.

SP fans are pretty overrated IMO, get either Scythe Gentle Typhoons 1450/1850RPM , Noisblocker M12-S2, or Aerocool Sharks at 1500RPM

They are some of the most popular fans for Rads, and are great for moving a ton of air through a heatsink/rad quietly.

Edit: forgot to mention that the Phanteks PH-F140TS 140mm fans (they have120mm mounts) are pretty much on par with the fans listed above.

Performance editions would be loud though, just something to note.

Noctua already has hella nice fans. I wouldn't dare replace those with SP120's. Even the stock Phantek's fans are fine, Really just stick with the stock fans on either, they are fine.