Cortana on Win10

I'm curious as to what you guys think of the inclusion of Cortana on Windows 10. It seems to me like Cortana will just be a petty gimmick, used mainly for simple reminders and stuff like that. I haven't used a Windows Phone or know anyone that does, so I'm not really sure what values/features Cortana can bring to the table.

What do you think?

Seems like an easy way to collect data on their users. Get people to pay to have their data mined. It is like having a machine that prints dollar bills that then gives you back rubs. Kinda brilliant in Dr Evil way. MS is much smarter than I thought.

I don't know how i feel about it, i don't use voice assistance at all, neither on my nexus 5. I'll try it but i'm probably most likely not going to use it, personally i think it's stupid to talk to your device period, but if it's helpful, i don't see why not. and when it comes to this data mining, i don't see anyone else complaining about S voice, Siri, or Google Now. it's going to be the same shit. every app you use collects data from you regardless, so this is not going to bother me in the slightest, i already know the bloody government knows more about myself than i do, nothing is truly safe on the internet, and neither is Android on the mobile side.

I don't use any of those meta data agents. Why people aren't complaining is that they don't know what they are giving up just like with Facebook.

Taco Bell,

Forgive me for my ignorance, but what sort of data are you referring to that people give-up on Facebook? Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

I mainly use Facebook for "liking" stuff that I am interested in, and catching-up with old acquaintances.

i want to say, people could do a bit of research, but not everyone is tech savy like us.

Look up Facebook targeted ads.