Corsair Link high cpu package

Hey Guys

Just wondering what to trust, my corsair link says my 2600x cpu package is jumping from 75c to 85c but i read online that amd ryzen master is better so at reading temperatures for ryzen and its stating 29c to 31c at idle. Corsair links default fan rpm is 2020 and its a bit loud was thinking of setting up a custom fan curve.

Thanks

Are you sure that its not just set to read as F instead of C?

Yes both ryzen master and corsair link are in Celsius, here are some screenshots

1 Like

Yeah, AFAIK theres no way to set offset on the cpu temps in corsair link. Its obvious that its reading wrong and perhaps an update later down the road will fix it. For now I would set up a static rpm that is comfortable for your ears and watch temps in ryzen master.

Ok, thanks

Was able to get the fans to stay at 1400rpm by setting off and back to balanced mode, was a little weird because before they were both at 2000 on balanced previously.

Corsair LInk is reporting shit as usual. (It’s turd software)
If the H100i water temp is just 26.6 there is no way that the Package temp is casually at 82.6C

The Ryzen master readout confirms this.

Set your fans to reference Temp #1 or even the Water Temp.

Double check your data with HWInfo

https://www.hwinfo.com/download.php

That brings up a good point. For my H100iGTX the fan curve is set up based on liquid temp, not CPU. It shouldnt matter what it reads for the CPU.

HWinfo is showing 29c as the current temperature, must be corsair link as you said, in the past it was a bit iffy aswell when i was using it on my fx-8350.

That idiotic fixed scale is one of the reasons I dislike corsair link.

Water temp responds much slower to CPU temperature increases so I want to adjust the fan speeds for a narrower temperature band (25-50C) so I have to squint at pixels and count unlabelled columns to do so.

By the time the water temp hits 40C the Package will already be above 65+ because the heat capacity of water is so high.

PS: That’s a very lenient water temperature/RPM curve.

thought id mention that corsair released a new software called iCUE, its a combination of the old CUE and Link, it also has the monitoring capabilities of Link and the customizations of CUE, give it a try if you want.

1 Like

Its on my i5 6500 work machine that never breaks 40°C. Also when you grab a point it snaps to a grid and shows where you are at.