Corsair K95 Platinum RGB-all-the-things keyboard LEDs turn off with VLC playing in Windows 10

Hi all -

My mechanical keyboard pile has grown since November last year, now at -

• Coolermaster Tenkeyless Masterkeys S - Cherry MX brown. Highly recommended for comfortable productivity/typing/programming and may be even some gaming. May not be the best for fast FP-shooters, but those Cherry MX Browns are lovely all around keys.
  • Corsair K70 Red LEDs with Cherry MX Red switches. My first ‘gaming’ centric board. Not the best for typing, and ideal for MOBAs and other gaming use.
  • Latest addition K95 in Gunmetal grey with Cherry MX Speed switches. Feels a lot like the Cherry MX Reds, but quieter. The difference is noticeable though.

What I like most about the Corsair board - the volume wheel at the top-right side. It is sOOOOOOO smooth. Fabulous on a desktop.

In any case, with regards to my issue at hand. I’m running the latest Corsair CUE software.

If I watch video in VLC for a while, all the RBG lights shut off. Keyboard functions, however, I need to disconnect/plug it back in to get the RGB stuff to work.

The RGB stuff is helpful in game, where I can assign different colours to different keys. The G1-G6 keys on the left are super handy and I’ve assigned them to my Dota 2 items in my backpack.