Corsair H115i functionality in linux

I am also having some problems getting my H115i to function…
I have gotten to where .elf sees my cooler, but doesn’t bring any info
Product: H115i Pro
Firmware: 0.0.0.0
Temperature 0: 0.00 C
Fan 0: mode0x00
0/0RPM
Etc. could someone help me plz

I’m not sure what to say except we need more info…

What are you even trying to do?
It’s a cooler, it doesn’t need OS support. You plug it in, it does its thing. You can also control RPM speeds from the UEFI.
Reading temperatures is best done via the CPU readout anyway, using lm_sensors or whatever. Same goes for the RPM reading.

1 Like

The corsair coolers have a USB header and fan control built in. I suppose it would be less headache to just use the motherboard headers for the fans and leave the pump to do its thing.

Would probably be best to follow the instructions on the github for this if it NEEDS software support.

1 Like

OK that explains it a bit. But yeah, proprietary protocols don’t usually play well with Linux (especially since they can change anytime).
From what I can tell from the images the link cable seems optional though.

1 Like

I havent ever tried but I believe the whole thing can operate correctly without the software installed. I know on my h100, it would remember my fan profiles so I never needed to mess with it in linux.

1 Like

Was about to rip out my H115i due to the fans going mental, but found liquidctl by jonasmalacofilho on GitHub. Still need to get it working on Windows but will be glad to never use iCUE ever again.

2 Likes