Corsair Carbide Series Air 540

Hello everyone,

Question regarding a case, wondering if anyone knows anything about it.

I’ve found that Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 meets my parameters for a case 110%. I am shopping in the US and can’t find it in stock anywhere near MSRP (~$140).

Does anyone know or seen anything that it may have been discontinued? Could it be that Corsair manufactures cases in batches not unlike fractal appears to do?

I know its a shot in the dark here but curious if anyone knows anything

WWED

I’m going with discontinued… Thas a series name, I haven’t heard in a minute
I’m sure you can still have chance, to encountering some old stock

Closest case I could think of, that is still available, would be Coolermasters HAF XB EVO
Main deviation from Carbide, is the positioning being more desktop [lay package on bigg side]

1 Like

I’ll take a look, I appreciate the advice - have had problems with build quality on coolermaster before and then generally feel cheap. There is the fractal node 804, but I’ve had issues with each of the three cases I’ve bought and written them off completely. It’s a real shame

I had one of those maybe 10 years ago?

So yeah probably best to start looking for alternatives.

1 Like

Is there such a bracket that one can use in a PCIe slot (not connected electrically) to house 3.5in drives? That would solve my problem with finding an alternative.

P.S. The more I think about it it’s me or just incredibly bad luck. Corsair is the only co where I’ve had good really good experience with cases

Your case filter is involving, ample drive support and dual chamber design, correct?

I have one and havent seen it being sold since around 2015/16. Likely used and or on ebay.

Height: 13in
Width: 17in
No depth requirement

3 or more * 3.5in
1 * 5.25 (preferred - not a deal breaker)
Adequate HDD cooling, I dont care if I need to cram in 10 fans - I have the fractal core 500 and they just cook.
Supports AIO 240 or 280, either is fine.

https://www.silverstonetek.com/en/product/info/computer-chassis/CS381/

1 Like

That’s a good case. My old storage server lived in one of those for a number of years.

I have one sitting unused beside my desk right now. But I am in the UK, so I expect the shipping cost would be rather high. Where are you?

In the US, thanks for the consideration

I did reach out to corsair, they confirmed they’ve discontinued the product.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.