Cool cases

It’s really weird construction, the inner structure is steel but is mounted with all these stiff rubber grommets to the fairly thick outside aluminum structure.

The way I justified it to myself is to replace my rapidly aging hp proliant g7 n54l microserver; it is incredibly hard to find little cases with 5.25" bays.

I’ve got a Silverstone CS01-HS I bought and never used because it isn’t nearly as practical as I thought it would be once I had my hands on it.

1 Like

Have that, is nice for sure.

Kind of odd there’s no mini-ITX cases that copies the idea of the HP microserver. Those that exists have all dropped the 5.25, even if there’s room for one! :rage:

If you survive with only two of them, SilverStone SG02-F. I was toying with the idea a while ago to build an automatic blueray ripper in a case like that. Two blueray players that rips and disks you put in it. Then friends and family could borrow it when they needed to rip something.

1 Like

Even better, the iStarUSA Case S-35EX. Might be a bit hard to get hold of though. It’s no looker, but it’s basically just a delivery system for three 5.25 drives in a mini tower.

This is really cool. The hard drive mount is pretty well thought through. Only downside is that my printer only can print 15x15x15cm.

1 Like

Most Silverstone cases. I enjoyed building in the RVZ01-E to specifically repurpose older parts, but I’m more interested in the RM600 chassis that they showcased over a year ago now. It was rack mountable with minimal HDD bays. I want to vert so badly.