Connecting two macbooks

Model:
Combo USB-C Power Delivery & DisplayPort 1.4 KVM - Dual Monitor

Hi! I am looking to switch between two macbooks. I was looking at the Combo USB-C Power Delivery but was a little spotty on two things.

Intelligent EDID Engine for HDCP Rekeying (computers know when the port is inactive. Check out the Level1Techs repeater if you need monitor emulation).

• To verify this means with the default setup my windows/display setup will not stay the same upon switching? If I want both macbooks to keep the display active/windows the same I’d need 2 of these repeaters?

For a mic that is USB is there any way I can get this to switch too? I was a little confused on the number of USBs that can be used. But from what I read a USB dongle can be used so should not be a concern.

Is there an option for a single cable flow? I couldn’t tell if a single USB-C to macbook could be used, or if it is used how much will it limit my hertz+resolution/bandwidth?

• Update from doing more research the only way for a single cable setup to the MacBook is if I use a dock like Caldigit. Where I can plug the DP and USB-C (Display+USB) into the Dock then thunderbolt to macbook to have the one cable. Is this correct?

I will be switching 10-15x a day, is there any issues with this? How long does it take to switch?

Thanks!