Connect to VLANs on subnets through single interface

Hi, I’m setting up a server for the first time, been around the block but also been a while.

I’m having a, likely simple, problem. I’ve setup 5 different vlans with their individual subnets. This is using Proxmox’s SDN by the way. Every thing is working great and I can segregate services at my liking. However, now I’m seeing a possible problem. How do I access two of these services/networks at once from my laptop? I could pretty easily do this if it was just vlans, since it would be a matter of tagging. But how do you handle connecting to several subnets providing different cervices at once. Like Admin vlan, Files vlan, Local vlan, as an example…

1 Like

The best way would be to use a router/firewall to route traffic between the different networks and control the access.

2 Likes

Maybe not so simple a question. :sweat_smile:

Any pointers on what that means? I’ve setup pretty basic firewall rules but nothing to do with routing between subnets.

You could look in to running pfsense or opnsense as a VM.

… or if it’s a VM that needs access to more of these, you could give it more than 1 virtual interface.

You can use VPN and remote connection client to connec the each of the VLAN individually.