Computer Build (Re-Choosing?)

Hey all, so I finally went back and revised my build to get a proper cooler, and changed a bunch of things, inevitably.

Also, somehow in the process of picking parts, I discovered that I had create a nice color scheme, blue black and white. I have no idea how I didn't notice earlier, but it's a nice little bonus.

Anyways:

Cooler Master HAF X Blue Edition - Full ATX Tower Case $219.99

Intel Core i7-3570k 3.4GHZ - CPU $219.99

Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Thermal Paste $9.99

Corsair H100i - CPU Liquid Cooler $97.99

ASUS P8Z77-V PRO LGA 1155 - Motherboard $199.99

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2x8GB) - Memory $69.99

HIS Radeon HD 7970 - GPU $389.99

WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200 RPM - HDD $79.99

OCZ Vector Series 128GB - SSD - $159.99

SeaSonic X Series X650 Watt GOLD Certified - PSU $89.99

Lite-On IHAS124-04 DVD/CD - Writer $17.99

ASUS VE248H 24" - Monitor $204.99

TOTAL: $1,924.70

Reccomendations?

My recomendation will be that you should cange the video card to a 680 if you are going to be playing crysis 3, this is not because I'm a fanboy but actually because crysis is kinda partnered with nvidia which means that an nvidia card will be better optimised for the game, however if you do not wish to make this change that is completely fine. The PSU that I would change to is probably the Corsair Builders series cx600 as it has plenty of grunt and it 80+ bronze certified. This saves you $60. I would then buy the ASUS VS229H-P 21.5" moniter as it is a decent moniter and is still quite large, I find that for a computer a 21.5" moniter is the optimal size. This saves you another $50 which means you can grab yourself a kingston hyperx 3k 120GB ssd.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Seasonic x-650 80+ Gold and fully modular, looks amazing, super quiet, $100 and also has a 7 year warranty like the Corsair.  Chances are the Corsair is just a rebranded Seasonic anyway.

As for SSD, get the OCZ Vector or Samsun 840 Pro.  If you're short on money then go with an OCZ Vertex 4 or Samsung 840.

Pick up 2x8GB of ram.  At least that way you can upgrade later without having to waste 2x4GB sticks.

Also just noticed you're building this in Feb.  I REALLY hope that you aren't buying parts slowly between now and Feb.  You're just going to be spending more money in the end.  Also, the 7970 is only a good choice right now because of the $100+ in games.  If that bundle deal ends, then the 670 is a clear winner, imo.

People usually don't plan a build for 2 months ahead of time because tech usually doesn't move that slowly.

Love the PSU, switched RAM to some Ripjaws X 2x8 to save some cash.

I am probably going to go with with the 128GB version of the OCZ Vector, as it is a bit faster.

No, I am not going to be buying parts over time, if I do happen to find several of my parts on sale between mid January and February I will buy them to save cash. Of course if new stuff is released of the bundle goes away (most likely will) then I will switch to new stuff. But, I doubt that anything super huge will come out that is going to change my entire build.

Thanks for the help man!

I'm switching to the monitor, it looks good for the cash.

Thanks man!