Comparing gamepads for Windows - Microsoft Xbox Series vs. Sony Dualsense vs. 8BitDo Pro 2

My friend has an X360 controller with an old battery compartment, it works well if the rumble is turned off, for some reason the very specific vibration pattern of the rumble makes the battery compartment rattle and lose contact :rofl:

Update one more time:

I’ve revised the Dualsense battery life section, since i’ve been able to retest the controller completely.

1 Like

It’s now possible to update the Dualsense firmware on PC as well, just like you can with the Xbox controller.

Edit: works!

3 Likes

I’m very happy with my 8bitdo pro 2, only complaint is the software really should have an option to remap the p1/p2 keys to keyboard keys. They seem to be dedicated to macro only functions :frowning:

I sold my replacement since i got it, and I’m still trying to fix the broken one, its a nice controller by all means.
And also 8BitDo came out with a new controller recently, based on their Xbox exclusive controller, i’m curious to try that one out.

PS Remote Play installs drivers for PS4 and PS5 controllers, no need to use third party solutions?

I mean for local Windows games, some don’t support the protocol generated by Playstation, in fact in the last few months I’ve stumbled upon some games that don’t properly work the Xbox Series controller, despite being compatible with the Xbox 360 controller, so that one might also need some software layer to work with certain games.

1 Like

Another footnote:
As of April, the Brook Wingman XE i’ve mentioned in the review has become compatible with the 8BitDo Pro 2 and SN30 Pro+ controllers, thus now making both compatible with PS3 in case you also own the Brook.
I’ve tested it myself and it works well as expected, i regrettably forgot to test the motion sensor functionality on PS3, but if anybody is interested i totally can.

1 Like