Compact E-ATX cases

Hey all! I’ve been rocking the Corsair 540 Air for a number of years. I’m looking to move on and get something a little more compact. I’m a big user of eatx motherboards TL;DR - any recommendations?

The Define R6 and Define 7 support E-ATX if I’m not mistaken. Can’t really go wrong with those.

1 Like

If you’re down for some zip-tie action, the Corsair Carbide 400Q is a nice box.
This was my first dual Xeon build a couple years ago on SSI-EEB board.

5 Likes

Nice! I got plenty of zip-ties :wink: I wonder if it’s too short though. I have a 360 rad, and this case only lets you mount in the front. Wouldn’t my gpu be too long? If that’s the case (no pun intended), then I would have to get a smaller cooler to fit on the top.

Well, you can’t have a 360 rad, a giant ass GPU and some crazy E-ATX board in a shoebox. You will have to compromise at some point.

Btw: E-ATX is a lie.

2 Likes

Any specific requirements?
Deepcool Matrexx 70
glass everywhere, 360 front, 360 roof easy… Glass PSU cover, no RGB, 70$ or something like that…

Phanteks Enthoo Pro
200mil stock on the front, 6x3.5" drives, a few optical drive mounts for whatever purpose, removable PSU cover if you want more airflow and bottom 240 mount, roughly 100$…

I’m sure there are people that will recommend the overpriced Fractal cases, so I don’t need to talk about them…

There are cases that don’t officially support EATX boards, but you can fit them regardless, like MasterBox 5 or the old Fractal Arc Midi R2 or something…

Exactly you’re going have to specify your board for compatibility

Pfft. I have what you need.
Sliger Cerberus X

Yeah I figured as much, just curious.

@psycho_666 @noenken I use E-ATX because motherboard manufacturers seem to make that form factor for Threadripper only (to my knowledge anyway! I may be wrong). When the 1950x came out I couldn’t fine a regular ATX board. I am looking to upgrade to the 3990x sometime this year.

The Deepcool Matrexx 70 Looks pretty dope, might check that out.

Sick looking case, kind of pricey, but cool. I might give it a whirl.

Yeah it’s expensive. But that’s the price one pays for non mass produced parts. Unfortunately, that’s just the world we live in.

1 Like

It’s cheap… It’s glass…
It have some good features, like the glass PSU cover, that will reflect eventual light from the inside and the fan bracket on the front, that makes it easier to install fans and rads and then mount the bracket with everything on it at once and stuff like that.
But it have a couple negatives…

1. the case only comes with 1 fan on the rear as exhaust. You may want to replace that.
  2. the fan filter on the front is kinda bad.

Other than that it’s cool case for 70$ or so… If I didn’t have Arc Midi R2 I may consider getting that… But I love my Arc Midi R2…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.