CoMmUnItY eNgAgEmEnT -- L1T Leader AMA: AdminDev Edition

this AMA is disappointing

3 Likes

Ask better questions

9 Likes

Computer Science? I’ve heard it being equated to a Psychology degree these days.

I didn’t get it lol. I think it’s fine. Often misused, but fine.

Building mini-data centers, home storage, media servers, automation pipelines. A lot of Team Red stuff at the moment :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

No one likes me :frowning:

5 Likes

I was told there are no such thing as stoopid questions :frowning:

4 Likes

Dream car? No limits on price tag.

4 Likes

Since you know Arch, want to help me on a special mission? Create a 1gb /boot/efi (efi) and a 20gb /boot and setup a zfs root. Then hook into the Arch update thing, create a snapshot and boot menu entry that’ll mount the last (current) snapshot in the event something goes wrong.

Tada, we just fixed arch/manjaro/etc. It’ll be glorious.

One internet please.

Optional Side Mission: separate /home partition (though most linux distros don’t take separation of data from packages seriously. see also /var/mysql. I don’t have a clever solution for that which isn’t ‘Install *bsd’. but we should think about it.)

11 Likes

Nissan Skyline. I know next to nothing about cars, but that car always makes me stop and stare. Nothing else does it like that does.

6 Likes

Building mini-data centers

I’m planning something along these lines. I’ll make sure to make a post about it. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Which one? r34 I hope.

3 Likes

hey r32 is pretty good too, the original godzilla

r34 is best waifu tho

2 Likes

I ask you this.

3 Likes

Lol nice. I’ll take a look at duplicating that and breaking the system.

Do it!

Whatever this is

My answer is the same as the woman that answered.

4 Likes

a day

He answered in post 8. He’s not gay.

2 Likes

Thats the correct choice.

4 Likes

Would you stay in your bed for 2 months for money ?

3 Likes

it’s arch it’ll break itself

That is an R34, and it’s a beaut

3 Likes

No, I get crazy restless. I stand at work all the time and pace when I’m on the phone. Couldn’t pay me enough :wink:

2 Likes

You know what? If @AnotherDev doesn’t buy in on this, I will. DM me or make a thread.

I was actually having difficulties with this recently.

That said, Manjaro doesn’t I think support ZFS root installs with their graphical installer. (correct me if wrong) That’s another thing I want to fix.

You just won even more adoration from me.

They stopped calling them skylines after R34.

5 Likes

Okay babe, question time:

How’s the podcast going?

Have you been posting to admindev labs lately? If so, what? If not, why?!

3 Likes