CoMmUnItY eNgAgEmEnT -- L1T Leader AMA: AdminDev Edition

At the request of the meta, hows aboot I start this dance.

I am AdminDev, hear me roar ask me anything.

5 Likes

ask me anything

What’s your least favorite distro, and why?

3 Likes

Probably Arch Linux, due to how manual the installation process is and how volatile the update process is.

6 Likes

r u gei?

5 Likes

Where would you like to see the forum grow?

4 Likes

big :frowning:

3 Likes

oof

4 Likes

I am not, happily and honestly married. Just had a four year anniversary on March 21.

I would like to see more brand agnostic projects being documented and blogged about.

5 Likes

is CS a meme?

3 Likes

Any examples?

3 Likes

this AMA is disappointing

3 Likes

Ask better questions

9 Likes

Computer Science? I’ve heard it being equated to a Psychology degree these days.

I didn’t get it lol. I think it’s fine. Often misused, but fine.

Building mini-data centers, home storage, media servers, automation pipelines. A lot of Team Red stuff at the moment :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

No one likes me :frowning:

5 Likes

I was told there are no such thing as stoopid questions :frowning:

4 Likes

Dream car? No limits on price tag.

4 Likes

Since you know Arch, want to help me on a special mission? Create a 1gb /boot/efi (efi) and a 20gb /boot and setup a zfs root. Then hook into the Arch update thing, create a snapshot and boot menu entry that’ll mount the last (current) snapshot in the event something goes wrong.

Tada, we just fixed arch/manjaro/etc. It’ll be glorious.

One internet please.

Optional Side Mission: separate /home partition (though most linux distros don’t take separation of data from packages seriously. see also /var/mysql. I don’t have a clever solution for that which isn’t ‘Install *bsd’. but we should think about it.)

11 Likes

Nissan Skyline. I know next to nothing about cars, but that car always makes me stop and stare. Nothing else does it like that does.

6 Likes

Building mini-data centers

I’m planning something along these lines. I’ll make sure to make a post about it. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Which one? r34 I hope.

3 Likes

hey r32 is pretty good too, the original godzilla

r34 is best waifu tho

2 Likes