Comment on Wendell's Thanksgiving Threadripper Origin video 11/23/2023

It’s an amusing memory for me, but when I first heard the initial rumors about a new AMD CPU called “Threadripper”, I immediately chalked it up as false…:wink: “No way would they choose such an official nomenclature, and that’s just an egregiously unlikely number of cores! Got to be bogus!” Since then, the world has moved with AMD as the catalyst, the company going far beyond the potential I always believed they had since my first AMD CPU in 1999–which was just as good as the numerous Intel CPUs I had owned before. It’s great to see AMD so aggressive! When I’m wrong–I’m wrong…and in this case, glad of it.

1 Like

And I’m glad you were too, otherwise we’d be talking about the latest Quad Core Extreme Edition now and how we could go 6 cores next generation although no one really needing it :slight_smile:

The black friday where microcenter offered the 1700X for $130 (I think ryzen 2000 was fresh), I jumped on that. 1700X, board, SSD, $300. I think I was excited for seamless VMs at the time; haven’t messed with that much. Was great for streaming though.
Previous CPU was an i3 6300.

1 Like

Oh for sure. Rode the FX series bandwagon for a short while after being an Athlon X2 and Opteron socket 939 guy and quickly shifted to 2500k/4670k.
Super glad to see AMD holding strong since Ryzen 1700 launch

:guitar::guitar::guitar::notes::notes::notes::metal::metal::metal: THREADRRRRIPPPPPERRRRRR :metal::metal::metal::notes::notes::notes::guitar::guitar::guitar:

1 Like