Comfy headphones for those wearing glasses

Hey Folks,

I’ve been wearing the audio-technica ATH-M50X headphones but find they start to hurt cause they push the top of the ears into the temples on my glasses.

Any suggestions on headphones that are comfy for those of us using eyewear?

TIA

I also wear glasses and have not had an issue with the status audio cb-1: CB-1 Studio Headphones by Status Audio by Status.

I also think that they are super good value and purchase them for pretty much every group that I have ran sound for.

1 Like

I wear glasses. The stock pads apply a lot of pressure on my glasses. I’ve found sennheiser’s hd series to be more comfortable for long listening sessions

I swapped to these brainwavz, but my main issue with them is they aren’t breatheable, so my ears get toasty

A friend suggested I try a different Audio Technica - the ATH-AD900X - and found them for a crazy discount on Amazon here in Canada - CDN$278.

Have others found it’s virtually impossible to try headphones on anymore? At least in Canada, once purchased they consider them yours. Something about touching our hair? Odd.

The AirPods Max were super comfy over my glasses. Great sound and dampening too.

But I’d hold off on buying them. This generation comes with an awful carrying case, you’ll be better off waiting for AirPods Max 2 which will no doubt have a better design.

1 Like

Logitech G Pro Wireless with the cloth ear cups have been wonderful for me, and with the G Pro 2 released there should be some crazy discounts soon to move stock for the first generation out at some point.

Where are you wearing the headphones? Open back headphones tend to leak sound out and let sound in, which isn’t ideal for public places. If that isn’t a issue, I’d recommend sennheisers

I have a pair with a similar design and they are much lighter and more comfortable to wear than my 50s

1 Like

@Bumperdoo I know you ask for headphones but are IEMs totally off the table? Comfort-wise they are better and you are already on closed back headphones anyway?

1 Like

Sitting at my desk. I’m not a gamer but I have discovered DayZ and it’s a riot! Even spun up my own server if people want to explore with me! :slight_smile:

Cool! The Audio Technica’s I ordered are open back so looking forward to how they feel. I have heard great things about the Sennheiser’s too!

What’s an IEM? Is that the in-ear ones? They seem fine for a while but over time they tend to become uncomfortable for me. Maybe it’s cause I’m 52?

2 Likes

I’m only 40, and find IEM fine all day long. Over ears end up pressing on my ears; I guess I need to make the “bar” rest on my head? Perhaps I should break it’s spine so the cups are further apart?

But… Even though IEM’s (In Ear Monitors) are much more comfy (for me), they lack bass / sound “depth”

1 Like

Cool if the cans aren’t comfortable, def look into the sennheisers

Amazon delivery today so I’ll know shortly.

1 Like

Philips SHP9500 should be alright. Very soft pads.

Yeah and they go in sale frequently. Aren’t they discontinued tho?

… uuuuuuuuuhhh, I don’ know.

edit: You might be right, can’t find them anymore. :sob:

1 Like

Oh my, now everyone is going to desperately want a pair! :rofl:

They are quite the head-vice, yes.

AD-500X owner here (same headband system). They have virtually no clamp.
Mine are very compatible with my glasses.

Keep in mind they are open back, so you will hear everything going on around you while broadcasting what you listen to.

I am finding the AD900X very comfortable indeed - should have bought these ages ago.

First time with open back and I do find them quite enjoyable!

1 Like