"Cloud" Storage Solutions for my NAS

Hi,

I am building a NAS to migrate my data from my desktop and remove stuff like films to put on a "Plex server folder" part of my NAS. I was intending on using ownCloud to sync different sets of files to my desktop and my laptop (though some files would sync to both). I would also like access to my files on Android. File versioning would be nice, and I definitely want to be able to share files to others. What would be the best cloud storage solution for me? I have heard of ownCloud and Seafile, but I don't really know what features the different ones have over others.

Regarding my hardware setup if you're curious, the configuration (when all parts arrive) will be 3* 3TB drives in a RAID 5-style ZFS. I'm running 32 GB 1333 MHz ECC DDR3, a Xeon 1220 v3 (4 cores, 4 threads) in an ASUS P9D-MV motherboard, and an 80+ Bronze XFX / Seasonic non-modular 550 W PSU for now, in a Fractal Design Define Mini.

Greg

EDIT: Added Android access
EDIT: I was sure I finished typing my specs. Oh well :b

I've used Owncloud for a few years. It's come a long way, and generally is rock-solid. I don't know how or how well the file versioning works in Owncloud, but it's there for you to try. It does track deleted files really well. I have heard of Seafile, but from what I read last time, there development was less mature than Owncloud. Owncloud has mobile clients, desktop clients, and can integrate with a ton of third partys including webdav, Dropbox, other Ownclouds, and tons of others.

I don't have a suggestion other than to say look at nextcloud, I'm not sure what happened but nextcloud is where the development for owncloud went.

I've been using Seafile for about two years now and I'm pretty content, everything works fine so far. I've read that Seafile is better/faster than ownCloud, but Seafile's only job is syncing files, whereas ownCloud has many other features.

Hmmm in which case I'll definitely look into Nextcloud then... At least now I know I'm only really looking at Seafile, Nextcloud and ownCloud : ) - thanks : )