[CLOSED WAIT FOR NEXT MONTH]1 MONTH "Just do it" challenge/initiative for the members of the community

Hey @Atomic_Charge sarbatabaot and I have an upstream discourse git going to fix bugs and test plug-ins and tools. May I be added to that list with sar

1 Like

Sure. Can you give his profile link. I cant find him.
As I understand you are going to simply try different plug-ins and talk about which ones work and don't(how to fix them) etc.???

Edit: nvm you mean sarhatabaot. Added both of you as colab

more or less. we'll see.

Going to be picking up some wood and hardware cloth this weekend for my farm patches. Expect to see pictures soon!

If I have the money I might be building a few extra items as well.

2 Likes

It kinda looks like a spaceship. +1 just for that. I'll take 10,000 of them.

I'm in. :3 Time to build some stuff!

2 Likes

After a failed SD card I got my Pi up and running for my garden project. Sensors and casings are on the way. Time to start laying out the code and get some planning done.

Finished and published my own Encryption Backend for Arma functions.

The Arma3 Admin Community is pretty toxic and nicks a lot of code and this is now a way to secure your own code.

Took 4 hours to code, deploy, test , and configure a friends server with this.

The encryption itsself is not strong, just to have said it.

Github:

So, it's complete? Are you going to make a post about it?

it is complete and working , because of your question i assume that replying here isn't enough to get onto the list right ?

No, you can be on the list. But You should share it with everyone by making a post about it. I will be doing a breakdown of everything that was submitted and I will be taking info from the posts that the contributors make.

1 Like

Wow. That is... Damn. So now I will be able to properly CC my photo using this? Sweet. Great job. Added to the list. Showing the best of this community right now.

Well despite it being extremely stressful to the point where I had tears in my eyes I worked through some mathematics at the Khan Academy website. I was told to do as little as 3 minutes by my CMHA worker but I did much more than that but also made sure to not go beyond an hour of work as I didn't want to lose sight of the fact that I need to take things easy to properly learn again. Anyway the irony in what I did today was that I started out with work from the grade in school where I started having the most trouble and I am talking socially. I developed anxiety and self esteem issues from being teased in grade 6. Now some would say what is a 43 yr. old doing only learning at a gr. 6 level and well honestly considering that I found some work where I was asking "Where is the formula to make me understand this better?" well I think I picked the right grade to start at. Now yes I have high school credits including some from gr. 10 I believe but I don't remember what I was taught so it hardly matters. Anyway this 1 month "Just do it" campaign came at the right time for me because I love Tek Syndicate video productions/shows and now the community has created something that helped me get motivated at a time when I was sinking further and further into depression. Hell I am still depressed but I am fighting and I thank the person or persons in this community that started this.

2 Likes

We're here for ya bud. Hold tight :D

2 Likes

Alright just spoke with a friend about the PiGarden project and he wants in. We've got some pretty good ideas down currently and if it all works out I'll be able to share the code as well has the hardware for the project. Currently the cost for the PiGarden is 35 per node (pi zero based), 70 per server (Any Raspberry Pi B style), and around 10-15 for the sensors. For a total around $110-$120. The cool thing is for every extra plot you just need another node and some sensors.

I have the wood for the garden beds and the tools for this weekend. Just need some daylight and time to make them!
After that it's setting up the Pi and the sensors to grab data, then send that data to the server.

3 Likes

Hey math isn't easy. I constantly find myself going back to the texts to find out a certain formula. Heck I did that yesterday when I couldn't remember for the life of me how to calculate percentages. Boy was that embarrassing.

Here's my topic I plan to keep updated

https://forum.teksyndicate.com/t/just-do-it-challenge-learning-to-draw/98219

3 Likes

im doing crafts! will make post as soon as im done making this ish

1 Like

Ordered a dremel style multi tool for this and future projects along with a bits kit so I am set up for a while now once that all arrives. Shipping of the chinese parts should be soon, I hope it is soon. Bought drill bits for the on/off switch solution.

I have said it before but it is all waiting on shipping now.

Sign me up! I'll be making a Unity Engine tool over the next few days, plus at least one small game over the month.

4 Likes