Chris Hook Joins Intel: AMD Poaching in Full Swing?

I do hope they come back, if only to combat Nvidia’s anti-consumer practices.

Except it was likely the only thing that kept AMD afloat after Intel’s anti-competitive behavior.

Been using ATi since the Rage series.

I still miss my AiW 9700 Pro…

1 Like

Maybe, would definitely drive more products at better prices, ideally anyway.

I still fund the anti consumer team (nVidia) simply because despite all that, they still blow AMD out of the gate. I hope that changes, but Vega ain’t worth my time at the moment :frowning:

1 Like

Here we go VIA!

2 Likes

I think we’re looking at something akin to a market changeover. We’ll see new blood at AMD because of this, and with what I see in a lot of github repositories right now, and in different projects online, I think thats a very good thing.

ATi were NEVER anywhere near as popular as Nvidia. Never.

AMD didn’t drive ATi into the ground so much as Nvidia did exceptionally well, AND engaged in shady business practices to gain an advantage.

AS to intel, they deserve everything they get after that shit they pulled in the 80s and 90s.

Really was hoping this wouldn’t get over-emotional.

2 Likes

That doesn’t make any sense. Is it even the same company? How many times have they changed leadership since then?

You guys need to learn to let shit go.

Why’s there so much spilled milk, crying, and moaning over AMD? You guys act like they’ve not attempted to smear other companies, or ran campaigns where they paid people to shill for their company on forums.

They bought out ATI and screwed it up, which they have a habit of doing. AMD is constantly dropping the ball. It’s like a blooper reel of how to not run a tech company sometimes. They missed out on so many opportunities, and they over-hyped all of the recent products. You can’t blame Intel or nVidia “shady practices” from 30 years ago when AMD didn’t even think to put their logo on the fucking consoles that a billion people own.

Time to stop with this victim mentality bullshit.

1 Like

For a guy who says “let shit go” you seem to have some baggage of your own.

@moderators can we just lock this before it gets silly?

Uh huh. Just looking out for poor little AMD. Poor little tykes dun did nuthin’ wrong.

The only “baggage” I have is being burned twice by modern AMD products and been made to feel guilty about it from the community. Sorry if I don’t sympathize easily with the get rich quick company.

1 Like

Aaaaaand it gets silly (sillier?).

I was actually curious about peoples’ opinions on Intel hiring an RTG marketing exec beyond the obvious rumors of a discrete GPU coming in… what… two to three years?

OK? Lashing out doesn’t seem a useful or productive behavior.

:roll_eyes: Jesus dude, I’m not lashing out. But every AMD thread is people foaming at the mouth going “Fuck- fuCk- fucking Nvidia!! ARRRRGGHGGHGHGH!!!”

I wanted to know what AMD ever did to deserve such exquisite deep throating from this forum.

I don’t care.

There was almost a discussion for a while…

Not emotional at all. Just stating facts.

Fact is, intel nearly killed AMD through documented anti-competitive business practices they engaged in over a period of 10-20 years. Practices that would have cost AMD many billions of dollars in lost sales, and locked many customers out of their (AMD’s) at the time, superior product. Practices Nvidia looks to be trying out for themselves at the moment.

Intel also tried to kill Nvidia as well (in fact, looks like they DID kill Nvidia as far as motherboard chipsets go) via chipset/bus licensing shenanigans, so it’s not all just intel vs. amd.

What did AMD do to deserve such a “deep throating”? Nothing. This isn’t about an AMD fetish, it’s about a hatred for one of the shadiest companies in the IT space.

Intel didn’t just shaft AMD. They also shafted HP, MIPS, Compaq, Sun, and their big iron customers via the promises and lack of product delivery via itanium.

Their history of basically fucking the customer is extensive.

1 Like

People!
relax

Now here’s what really happened. Keller, Chris and raja we’re sitting in the amd cantina one day, soon after the ryzen launch.

Keller: Well guys my work is done, this’ll make intel think once or twice before messing with zen again
Chris: Yea, about that. Noticed how quiet intel has been lately? It’s like the 80s or 90s all over again.
Raja: You got a point, they used to not give comments, now they are just dead silent. I don’t like it, one bit. Idk, maybe im paranoid, am i? Keller? What do you think?
Keller: No worries, let’s see how they manage the upcoming market situation.
Raja start’s looking very worried at Chris and Chris sends Raja the same facial expression.
Keller: What’s wrong guys? It’s not like they are gonna start WW III
Raja at this point starts running out of AMD HQ, with Chris in his heels. Keller, realising what he just said, start running after both Raja and Chris.

Sure no problem.

1 Like

Locked on topic starters request.