Choosing a GPU for p340 tiny

I have a couple of options to go with:
a) Low Profile Single Slot GPU like T1000/RX6400, that doesn’t really work out from price/perf standpoint (especially T1000 8GB which is ~$350-500 on my market)
b) external GPU on x16-x16 adapter (x8 electrically I believe as that’s what p620 runs at) outside the case, but it can’t require an additional power supply as that would run the cost way higher, and I still have limited desk space.

I was thinking the latter, but when I tried Fedora with 1050ti after “reinstalling” nvidia drivers, it was only at [email protected], while with the same adapter running at [email protected] in my main rig.

What I’m doing on the GPU is some Stable Diffusion lately, and I play mostly older games, but it would be good to run something like Baldurs Gate 3 at 1080p in more than 15fps.
And yes the hardware can be 2nd hand.

In my opinion, I’d go with an RX 560 for the price/performance in a slot-only card, and maybe something like a 3D printer mining cage. I think trying to do more than that, a SFF like that is just more effort than it’s worth.

RX6400 is available in a low-profile version from Sapphire, XFX and probably some others.

If you were to make a new top-cover for the Tiny, then the Asrock A380 LP would also be an option:

ASRock DeskMeet would give a lot more space for a much beefier GPU.

I don’t know if my Tesla trick works on Linux but it does on Windows

Can the slot provide 75w, you’ll need a 3D printed adapter and fan

I believe they got a little bit higher frame rate than a 1660ti in heaven benchmark
Pop in the thread if you’re interested

I was thinking about Deskmeet, it’s a nice option, but maybe for next year, since B660 (the one I can get) isn’t really an upgrade on CPU side (10th gen i5 to 12th gen i5) and the cost without a GPU is ~$500 already. I will look more into how A380 works under linux and SD as 6GB of Vram sounds a lot better than Rx6400 offers.