Choice between 4 different headphones

Well, i am getting them tomorrow. I just don't have any basis for comparison. I can just compare them to my stock Sony earbuds and the surround at home, and non of it is really fair comparison, is it?
I ask a friend to land me Sennheiser HD201 just for comparison, but he can't really basically steal his mom's headphones to appease my curiosity...
Anyways, expect pictures and first impressions tomorrow.

OK, I got them...

I must say they are a bit latlrger than I expected. The ear cups are covering my entire ears and are killing like 60-70% of the outside noise. With some decently loud music - outside world is basically gone...

The main issue I am having currently is, that they are sounding very similar to my Sony earbuds...

Just a bit less basy...
Now that either means, that the Sony's are really good, or that the AT are as crap as the Sony stock ones..
The sound is... Well I was wondering what people ment when they say deeper sound. Now I know. But in general, it's a bit quieter and less basy than the Sony weirdly enough.
Not sure if I am happy with it yet. Need to use them for a couple of days to react properly.
First impression - really comfortable, surprisingly not basy...

OK, after some "research" huehuehue..., we'll the sound is definitely cleaner than the earbuds. Some songs don't really have any noticeable difference. I guess it have something to do with the file quality and bitrate and stuff...
But for some songs - the sound is noticeably cleaner.
Still expected more bass... Don't really know how to react to non bass headphones...

Try different EQ settings until it sounds right. Also I think your earbuds sound bassy because they are making tighter seal with your ears than the over ear headphones.

OK, they definitely are not made for what I use them for. They are doing the job, and if the song is good quality they show they are better than the stock Sony earbuds, but they aren't ment to be used while walking...
They warble and make weird noises purely from the movement...
Otherwise they sound good. Definitely better than the earbuds.
Best thing - they are keeping my ears warm...

Maybe those awfull sounding files are wma´s?

No, just meh bitrate mp3s...
The headphones was advertised as a bass heavy. So I tested them on some songs, that are heavy on the bass. Turns out those were meh mp3 quality. And when confronted with better quality mp3, it turns out the sound is deeper and cleaner. And overall basier, not just strong bass...

1 Like

Yeah then i suppose bad quality bit rate mp3´s.
Maybe even originaly 96kbp/s wma´s converted to 192kbps mp3 or what not.
Then the quality will still be remain awfull of those files.
With earbuds you might not realy notice it that much.
But with a decent pair of headphones you definitely will.
i highly assume that is what you currently hearing.

1 Like

I guess...
Anyways, my biggest issue is the size. They are much larger than expected...
I mean I know I am not huge man, but my entire ear gets inside the padang gets covered.

I can feel ya.

i had similar issues with certain Headphone models.
If you realy dont like them, then you could eventually allways return them i guess?

And then I am back in starting position...
No, It's fine... It was just surprising how large they are... Not that big of a deal anyway.

Yeah they look pretty large to me aswell.
Large drivers are ofc not a bad thing.

Personally I think larger, over-ear headphones are always much better, both for comfort and noise levels. It looks to me like you made a great choice.

It's not bad, it's just surprising to me... I didn't expect it.
I'm happy with them.

Haha h ah a letting silly things like other peoples views of you stand in the way of happiness and good quality audio. That just madness. I got a huge set of head phones that are for going out and walking around.

But they are huge :P. I mean the ones I recommended :D

The In ears? I walk around with these on.

all metal and leather, super durable and big.

Those are fine... They don't have 2 extra bracket rings around your head...

True, not fond of those but would not mind them if it was a good set. These are all ready quite hard to fit under a hood.

EDIT: Those honestly looks smaller than my ones to wear.

Iduno... Can't say the size is a negative...
I am happy with those audiotechnica... I just need to get used to the 10ft cable and adjust my walking... They effectively kill all outside sound as soon as some music is on...

1 Like