Chernbro: Anyone used this brand before?

I’m looking to move my server from an old NZXT case to something more functional (i.e. with more drive space + ease of access) and I came across this server case from the brand Chernbro (SR105 Plus): Chenbro - Products

I plan to use its own SATA/SAS Backplane and add an IcyDock later down the line on the 5.25" expansion bays.

Has anyone used this case? Would you recommend this brand? I’ve seen some reviews from WAY back 10 years ago, and it seems decent - but decided to ask just in case someone here has any valuable opinion that I need to pay atention to! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve seen and eyed up Chenbro cases, but never bought one, so no help on that I’m afraid. But I did purchase a case from Innovision on Aliexpress some time ago and that’s decent stuff, provided you set your expectations accordingly. :wink:

1 Like

The last chenbro case I bought was ~20 years ago, one of the dragon cases (that case was sold under chenming, antec, and a bunch of other brand names). I still have it sitting in the closet, but haven’t put a system in it in a while. So on one hand, no recent experiences, but on the other hand that company has been in the game for quite a long time. For what that’s worth.

Just grab a Fractal Design XL case (R1 or R2) and off you go? I’m willing to bet that it’ll be much cheaper without even looking up the price of the Chenbro.

1 Like

I got an older chenbro SR107 chassis for cheap on an auction site. It’s a very heavy (duty) case.

In the meantime I put a second (newer) 3.5 hotswap backplane/cage into it.
It newer design 3.5 hotswap cage did fit the older SR107 version, but the location of 2 mounting screws changed, so the cage is only held by 2 instead of 4 screws.

2 Likes

oh that looks amazing! I’m definitively getting that case then!!!

Be careful, the SR 105 you listed in the thread starting message only allows for one 4x3.5 chenbro proprietary form factor hotswap cage not 2 as in the SR 107 (plus) chassis.

1 Like

Chenbro makes some nice cases.

Most likely I’ll still go for the SR105 - and get an IcyDock down the line, the SR107 is way too deep for where it needs to go. But thanks for the headsup!

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.