Cheating in benchmarks/games (who would have thunk?)

Expected this from adored:

“Its a fucked up benchmark utiliy (Final Fantasy 15), we don’t recommend it” -Steve

Anyone remeber this shorty after the andriod boom?:

https://www.anandtech.com/show/7384/state-of-cheating-in-android-benchmarks

Nothing changed in 4 years:

1 Like

What to say?
ATI did it
Nvidia did
Intel did
AMD did
Volkswagen tried

Keep your eyes open people, the world is lying!

2 Likes

Is there a TLDW edition? How did they cheat did it even fucking matter as literally everyone does.

I mean if its 1 game, its clear when there is some weird shit going on. Watch Hardware Unboxed and see like 30 games reviewed and see the actual average across many games. Cant cheat in literally every game.

Why not?

TLDR: It’s like doping in sports. :grinning:

Fixed. :wink:

IBM, the only company I trust not to cheat, and even if they did, with their track record I wouldn’t even care.

1 Like

You could but the cost would be way to high to get a good ROI on that.

Gameworks is literally meant to do exactly that and I would argue it has paid off.

Eh how many games run gameworks? Maybe 5% of market and maybe 40% of AAA

A lot more than that.
Because stuff like PhysX is now part of gameworks also.

I’m a gameworks member and can see some small shenanigans going from time to time.

It’s fun… :smiley:

Stuff that’s part of Gameworks right now:

• Falcor [Real-Time Rendering Framework]
  • Blast [A modular destruction SDK designed for performance and flexibility, replacing APEX destruction]
  • PhysX
  • Ansel
  • HBAOPlus (Slow as shit on AMD cards and looks no better even on Nvidia hardware)
  • All the Nvidia Graphics Samples
  • Dependency packer tool for Unreal Engine 4 (GitDepsPacker)
  • NvCloth
  • Hairworks
  • osim-rl (Reinforcement learning environments with musculoskeletal models)
  • FleX [Flex is a particle-based simulation library ]
  • WaveWorks
  • Flow
  • FaceWorks
  • OpenGL sample code
  • Volumetric Lighting example code
  • D3D sample code

So you can tell there’s plenty of influence by Nvidia exerted on a Game Developer researching and learning tools and techniques.

3 Likes

a large list of reasons not to use gameworks on any title is all i see. and a good reason to support devs who dont use it as well. any game with gameworks is an auto no buy for me. refuse to support it and i refuse to support devs who use it. i like my games with out a magic black box that the devs have no control over.

1 Like

GPU Gems are gold though.

1 Like

deadpat flat voice oh no whatever shall we do some arbitrary numbers aren’t what the chips can really do my bitcoin will be unmineable now and china will go bankrupt for eternity all the markets will die and trump will dab in public What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.