Cheap, Upgradable laptop with gtx 1060. Is that too hard to ask? YES!

So if there was a laptop that had ddr4 4gb of Ram, a 1 RPM HDD, with a cpu >= i5 matched with a gtx 1060, and a 1080p screen that be great!
Hell if the laptop came with ddr3 then i can have NO RAM AT ALL THAT BE F’INNNNNN AMAZING!!!

All I really need is a laptop with:

• -cpu>= i5
  • -if it has ddr3 i don’t care for the amount, if its ddr4 - 4gb is fine
  • -1080p screen
  • -gtx 1060 at least

Everything else is a luxury that i do not need because I am going to gut out this laptop and take the ram, and SSD and anything else worth scrapping

I do not care if it is Acer, Asus, alien ware, etc.
I do not care.
Just want something cheap and upgradable, if it has ddr3 ram that’d be great because i have 8 laying around.

I have tried newegg, amazon, microcenter, and they are all selling laptops that have stuff i do not need I don’t want to pay extra on something i already have.

I have tried to research on the web laptops but they are pointing to articles that I honestly cannot relate to.

Does anyone know of barebones laptops?
I know they are out there i just can not seem to find them.
Any and all help is highly - highly appreciated.
Thank you, I have a crush on Wendell. Is that weird? I am married I hope my wife doesn’t see this.
Please, thank you and love you all!

THESE FORUMS ARE AWESOME

Isnt cheap but you wont have to upgrade much, also has 2 NVME slots, one hard-drive slot, etc… https://system76.com/laptops/oryx

Edit: Also forgot to mention, you probably wont find any laptops with an i5 and a 1060, manufacturers just dont seem to do that at all.

Define ‘cheap’.

You can get an Alienware 13 with 7700HQ, 8GB DDR4, 1060, and 1080p IPS screen for $1300. Boot drive is a 256GB m.2 stick, and there’s another slot which supports both NVMe and SATA drives.

If you’re running Windows, it’s a safer bet going with Xotic PC or AVA direct for Clevos. You’re not paying for the Linux optimisation that System76 do.

1 Like

This will be running windows, not linux. As far as my definition of cheap, it is pretty much that criteria that said the cheapest one you could find.

Install it then lol?

?
What do you mean, install it

Install windows on the linux laptop? Its pretty much the cheapest laptop with a 1060 and an i7 on the market, and you probably wont find an i5 with a 1060.