Cases!xd

Seems familiar :slight_smile:
https://forum.level1techs.com/uploads/default/original/3X/5/d/5d88d9e54b25184d558ba217dbaad170ba0c188f.jpg

i dont like the r5 ur forced to take the top channels off for adiquate cooling..

lol only thing i cheaped out on was the cpu for the 1700x ocer the 1800x

What kind of setup are you running that an R5 wouldn't be adequate with the vents closed?
I ran an i5-2500 @ 4.1 on air and dual 770s (MSI, so open-air coolers) in an R5 with only the dual GP14 intake fans at the front and the single GP14 in the back, and that had absolutely no cooling issues even during prolonged GPU benchmarking runs.
All the moduvents were closed, I didn't even remove the cover on the side panel. The case fans were connected to the R5's fan control switch, which was always in the lowest position.

I still use that PC for F@H, albeit with only one 770 now (the other one developed a rattle in one of the fans).

1 Like

this is what im getting for my ryzen build when i can afford it.

2 amd fury x and a 1700x with 2 360mm radiators.. i just dont swe the moduvents able to keep it cool

Yeah, with radiators you're going to need to remove the moduvents indeed. On air it probably would have been very possible to keep things from overheating with the vents closed.

yeh im doing a cuztom look thata the one thing that turned me off about the case.. now if i could mod like 1mm posts on all the vents and raise it i think i could do it but just 2 much work

lopp my bad.. i swear they make smart phone key oards for 12 year old girls

yup, that's an issue with modern phones indeed. So glad my 3310 still has T9 rather than a touchscreen :smile:

1 Like

dude i swear ita awful. i miss my old samsung double flip... one way its a phone quick flip its a keyboard with a scree

1 Like

little bit 2 expensive..

They are definitely an investment. I've had mine for about 4 years now and I plan on it lasting a lot longer. Went through a few other cheaper cases until I finally decided to pull the trigger on a CaseLabs because of the build quality and modular design.

to big for me anyway