Case suggestions for big @$$ NAS?

i can’t say i’ve ever asked for suggestions before. but, in all my years i haven’t spent toooo many hours looking for disk shelf cases. i think i found one but, wanted to see if anyone might have some in production options that don’t cost an arm and a leg.

i found one with 24 hot swaps in the front. also thinking about a 45 drives case if that’s a thing.

EDIT: needs to fit my asrock rack atx epycboard.

Does it need to be relatively quiet?

can’t i swap fans till i’m happy? not really but some what. not full on jet in the DC but, it doesn’t need to be QUITE

Might not be so with every hard drive, but in my experience it really won’t matter how quiet the fans are if you have 24 drives chattering away in a box…

1 Like

with 15 it wasn’t loud. in fact the other blade servers made a lot more noise. at least in all the DCs i’ve been in that’s also the case. most certainly they make some notice but, not yelling to people over the fans loud.

You could mod an enterprise shelf with high CFL noctuas but the power supply fans can still be loud and in general you’ll need to keep a close eye on temps. I did this once with a 4U supermicro jbod case full of industrial noctuas (2 rows) and the rear drives would get pretty hot and it was still noisy, just more whoosh and less whine.

The 30-drive storinator chassis from 45-drives without the redundant power supply is the best for noise.

1 Like

so far i can only see the entire q30 with mobo and all for sale. i guess i didn’t state that i have a fairly new atx mobo with a fairly new 3ghz 8core Epyc.

Yeah I’ve heard they sell the cases but I don’t know if you contact them about it or what.

this is only 7 years old but: Storinator 30/45/60 drive chassis | ServeTheHome Forums

i figured it would be expensive but i like redundant PSUs

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.