Case fans

I'm looking at getting a Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case and it has spots for a lot of fans. My question is how many fans do you need in it and what kind of fans would you suggest? I would like it to be as quiet as possible but I'm not quite ready to shell out for all noctuas. Thanks!

What kind of hardware are you putting in this build?

You usually don't need a lot of fans, actually. It looks like the 200R comes with two 120mm fans - one in the front and one in the back. That should be pretty good already. If it still gets a bit toasty inside, you'll probably only need to add another 120mm fan in the front for proper airflow.

Noctua NF-F12s are great, but for a case like the 200R it's probably not worth purchasing such pricey fans for a "budget" case.

I have an i5 3570k and I'm considering either a gtx 1060 or rx480. If I went with the 480 it would be so I could get another down the line.

If it's just a single card, the stock fans should work just fine. Just remember to plug them into your motherboard and reduce the fan speed a bit, as 100% fan speed is always pretty loud.

If you add a second RX 480, I'd chuck in the second 120mm fan in the front.

Cool thanks!

Really impressed woth the fractal design venturi fans, they are quiet. Also have used noctuas in a ton of builds with great results. Probably not necessary to completely deck out the case, but if you do put in a lot of fans you can cycle the air in the case much faster. Just be sure to keep positive pressure in mind so you arent sucking in dust from the vents