Cards Against Humanity to buy and publish congresses internet history

Not the best source of information, but figured I would put this here for @wendell and @ryan to look at, and possibly include in the news :P

7 Likes

Its catching on :)~ oh ? We did not think of that when we voted on the bill :)~ These are our leaders ?

They will probably will be exempt from this law.
Just putting into law what was already happening to be honest lol

I have doubts that just anyone can buy the data unfortunately. Will be interesting to see what happens

I read from a couple of places today that allegedly did research on the bill and it doesn't have any language related to politicians being immune from this law.

Directly purchasing a specific persons data may include a lot reseach and speculation but still could be embarrassing to some.

shall see, doesn't need to be in that bill if there are laws in place that cover that

pretty much will always be, tends to fall under national security

Yes the catch all :( We will see once everyone starts hunting down data. They will be all held up in their national security bubble afraid to come out. :)

I spit out my cream soda laughing as soon as I saw the title of this thread. Top stuff.

2 Likes

I'd speculate that would only cover government based workplaces. Home IPs may be wide open.

1 Like

Thank You CAH

Well he hasn't done anything yet, good pr move however

Hope it happens.

Someone start up the popcorn machine

5 Likes

since it's the creators of cards against humanity and not some random joe they can buy the data for Marketing Research and it's not like isps are interested in protecting consumers they want to make money.

I hope they sell the highlights of this endeavor as it's own game

4 Likes

you assume that they will be able to buy anything on political figures at all and that this will not be blocked for national security

Also that you will be able to buy it at all without certain credentials and papers saying you will not release the info to the general public.

Also that he will even try and get all of it and not just people they dont like ;)

just gotta get the ones who voted for it.

I've heard nothing of language protecting legislators and they are bound by the tos of isps like any other customer.

but we've yet to see how this will all play out.

will not be in the bill it self as laws are already in place to cover the protection of government officials.

And again I bet you that it will not be as free and wild as some seem to think.

Again, I dont like this, but its dumb to jump to conclusions right now/give money for someone to buy it on go fund me. Or to give credit to someone who is just saying "I will do this maybe at some point if I can"

Unrelated starting a indiegogo to buy all the info, go give me money hehehe

But! Caveats aside. It needs to happen in order to reinforce to Congress why this is bad and it needs to happen to them :)

but again this isn't joe blow this is a company with lawyers and money, for them it will most likely be incredibly easy to buy the data, how the isps will sell it is another matter, and I'm not throwing money at anything.

Ha! Just had a though that Cards Against Humanity is effectively selling back one's own data - at a profit. Not really the case, but some good irony there for a laugh :P

2 Likes