Can't Decide

Which Motherboard is "better". I'll be using an FX-6300 with 8GB of Corsair Vengence at 1600MHz, and EVGA 660SC. *Gaming only*

Gigibyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+

vs.

Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 

Thanks!

I dont know much about amd boards, but I've seen the asus board recommended quite alot, and honestly, asus has amazing quality on all their products. However, maybe someone more knowledgeable can give you a better answer.

That gigabyte board has gotten a lot of bad reviews and aren't very good for the amd platform. I'm personally gonna grt the Asus board decemeber because of all its features and I trust asus a lot more than gigabyte because of past experience with crappy video cards. 

yes i would also go for the asus, but keep in mind, that the Asus M5A99X evo R2.0 will not be the best choice, if you ever plan to put 2 gpu´s in sli or cf.

I don't think I will be doing SLI. But if I were, is there a good mobo for about the same price as the Asus one ($110)?

Thanks for the feedback!

well then you probably end up with the gigabyte, because that board has 4 pci-e slots slot x16/x4/x16/x4. thats a big + on this board. you can run a dual gpu setup at X16. But if you ever plan to upgrade to a FX8320/FX8350 and go into overclocking, then this board is not the best choice. the asus board has better vrm´s. i dont know how much price diffrence there is between the M5A99X evo and the M5A99FX Pro R2.0, because the pro has more pci-e lanes. 40 to be exactly. instead of 20 on the evo. the M5A99FX pro R2.0 has 4 pci-e slots X16/X4/X16/X4. in the Netherlands there is a price diffrence between those 2 from €10.

Ah ok. Thanks Angel!

Don't buy the UD3 if you EVER plan on overclocking your CPU. It's been found that even the FX-63XX (Also the FX-4XXX with higher OC's) has had a lot of trouble with the UD3 and you will have to do extra things possibly even spending more money just to make it work with no promise that one day it may break and kill your PC.

Bottom line is if you buy the UD3 you're taking a huge risk and I can promise you Gigabyte will not help you if you have problems. They still refuse to accept the problems me and many other users have brought forward and shoved in their face.

Now, there is a chance you could get lucky and either get a revision 1.1 or the new revision 4. But I think the most stocked revision you'll find is Rev. 3 and that board is the one that has most of these problems. So it's a risk you'll have to take if you want the UD3, if you're buying from a local store you might be able to ask and see if you can get the new revision.