Can we expect any dedicated pcie5 motherboards?

Hi Guys,

I am trying to make a choice of motherboard for 7950x and was wondering can we expect any motherboards sooner which support like all ddr5 lanes, pcie5 only even for nvme and GPU etc or else what would be the best board we gave now ? Any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

DDR5 is minimum for AM5 [no DDR4 option, like Intels Gen12 cpus/6xx boards had]
X670e, will have PCIe 5, for M.2 and PCIe slots [whereas X670 is just at M.2]

If you need as much PCI-E 5 storage as possible for the PCI-E 5 SSDs you can’t currently buy, you can look at the X670E Aorus Xtreme. Four PCI-E 5 M.2 connectors straight from the CPU.

If you need more PCI-E 5 slots then many boards can split the 16x CPU slot into two 8x slots. Then you can run two PCI-E 5 GPUs that you can’t currently buy.

If you need more PCI-E 5 on the chipset then there is nothing available for you as of yet. Maybe X770? Or X870? Time will tell.

All high-end X670E motherboards are released and on shelf (or OOS already). If you haven’t found what you like, then you’ve to wait for another year at least or wait for Threadripper 7000 series.

The best you could get for X670E is three x16 mechanical slots with electrical connectivity user configurable either: x16, x0, x4 or x8, x8, x4. All connected to CPU. Slot width spacious enough for three Radeon 7000 series GPUs I believe.

You can also convert the PCIe 5.0 x4 M.2 socket into the fourth slot. So in total you get 3+1 PCIe 5.0 general purpose slots. That’s the best money could buy at the moment.

1 Like

Thanks All. I would get X670E.

Basically you’re looking at MSI X670E ACE or Godlike…

I will check that out @vic . Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.