Can triple click be fixed?

I use triple click to select a line/paragraph on text quite often when replying (it’s easier then dragging). Or I would like to - after the second click Discourse’s Quote button pops up and the third click sends me to the reply window with only a single word quoted.

Firefox 99.0.1 for Arch (archlinux - 1.0).

1 Like

Tripple click on mine just highlights/selects the whole paragraph.
I can copy it to clip board, it does not open the quote box/reply box, unless I click the quote button.

Double click highlights a single word, and adds the quote button, but also doesn’t open the reply box either

Firefox 99 on Ubuntu (snap version, but same behaviour in previous versions for me)

Might be something wrong with my setup then. But yeah, the quote button pops up right under my mouse after the second click.

1 Like

The button justifies to the top left of the selected region for me; either word or paragraph

This is how it looks for me. The horizontal adjustment is fine, but the vertical one is not - it covers most of the word. If I don’t make a conscious effort to click in the upper part of the line, the third click ends up on the button.

2 Likes

@wendell

@kreestuh

Looks like we’ve got a CSS issue here; I could have a look over this later, but I’ve got a busy few days ahead of me, so likely weekend at the earliest.

2 Likes

Has anyone checked if this occurs with any of the other themes?

oh, I use Material Design Theme, if it makes a diff…

Double

and

Yep, just checked the discourse dark theme (ignore my superpowers):

1 Like

it’ll be div.quote-button that we need to fix.

UltimatePowah

oh yeah, mods can edit posts…

Ok, I made a super ugly fix.

div .quote-button {
    margin-top:20px;
}

Let me know if anyone encounters issues with that.

Maybe it should be above the text? I’ll fuss with it later. At least now it’s not completely broken.

4 Likes

Thanks, works for me. It could look a little better, but for a quick fix it does the job.

Yeah, I’m not a pro with CSS, so I’ll have to find a more permanent solution later. Glad it’s working though.

1 Like

Same here under safari macOS

The quote button appears UNDER the text selected

There’s some javascript on the page making an approximation of where the selected text is and concurrently giving the ‘.quote-button’ it’s approximation in the style attribute (using top: and left:).

Proper fix would be smartening up that function.
I wanted to muck around a bit to fix it, however i don’t feel like wrestling minified code.

The easiest thing would probably be making the element visible at the end of the selected text instead of the beginning.
So always right next to the selected text on the right side.