Can romed4id-2t boot with only one ram stick?

I recently purchased a asrock romed4id-2t, right now I have my ram still in shipping process.

I got a single RDIMM 32G 3200ghz ram stick and after I put it in C1 ram slot, my motherboard won’t boot.

This is the page form service manual.

Does this mean I need to populated C1 and D1 slot in order for my motherboard to boot?

That could be the case.

In the manual of another motherboard romed6u-2l2t the one DIMM configuration is explicitly mentioned.

I see, many I ask another question?

When I power on with one ram or no ram the cpu and case fan won’t start spinning, do I have a faulty motherboard or it just related to incomplete power cycle?

Sorry, I haven’t build a single PC in past decade so I don’t know a lot of things.

Hmm. The fans usually start spinning when you power the system on.
And once you connect a psu to the motherboard the bmc led should start blinking after a short while indicating that the Baseboard Management Controller has been started.

Be carefull with the 4pin ATX power connector, that you connect it to the correct 4pin socket. The other 4pin socket is for SATA power. I guess the space restrictions lead to this dangerous layout where those 2 sockets are right next to each other

The BMC led do start blinking but the fan connected to the fan header won’t start spinning, is this normal?

Or because my ram is not configured right so it never turn on?

I don’t remember how it was when I booted the system up for the first time.
Are you able to connect to the BMC?

Are you using an ATX power supply? Did you connect the ATX 24 pin adapter to the ATX 4 pin power socket?

BMC should be independent from anything in the system. It should boot up and be available even without any memory or socketed CPU. BMC starting takes a couple of minutes after a power off.

I’m not sure how to connect to BMC.

My power supply is Corsair sf750 and I do connect to the 4 pin power socket since the the 4 pin sata socket is cover by sticker.

I guess I need to wait my ram arrived in order to do the proper testing.

I saw a post on asrock forums is about user put a un-supported cpu in to a socket and when power on there are no fan spin and no post, maybe asrock motherboard is design if system isn’t boot properly the fan won’t start spin.

But this is just my guess.

I am very certain the board does work with a single stick of ram, independent of where that stick is placed, i have such a board.

Please figure out how to connect to the Remote Management interface.
Ususaly it is rather well documented.

In short: Plug in Lan cable to the dedicated port.
Wait till it blinks and longer.
Find the IP address it requested over dhcp.
Take your webrowser to that ip address.
Login with the default credentials, admin admin in this case i hope.

Found the potential reason why fan won’t spin.

“ 4-pin fan connectors are PWM triggered, meaning that a timer has to be turned on to send them any power. Depending on the specific chip, this may be a PWM line from a microcontroller or straight from another support chip. But with nothing there to program the PWM, it just isn’t activated.”