Can i use a 4pin cpu connector in an 8pin motherboard?

Well, he didn't kill any components. Would he if PC was connected? I doubt that. Also, the PSU is Thermaltake AND discontinued. 

As I said. You are being paranoid without having objective reasons to. 

It should make no difference until you overclock and need the added power that the second 4 pin can provide one will work just fine

If you have a motherboard with an 8-pin socket, and a PSU with a 4-pin plug, it is not recommended to plug in just 4 pins (though it will connect) as many motherboards are not engineered to properly power the processor without complete connections, or you may see systems that boot but crash under load. A splitter cable (which is available just about everywhere) is a possible solution, assuming your PSU uses heavy gauge wiring and is delivering over a steady and well-powered 12v rail, but ideally you should replace your PSU to one that has the proper plugs.

Power is power is power. The power supply manufacturer dictates how much amperage is sent over each wire, so there is no way for me to say "it is okay to cheat the standard." If you have an 8-pin power header on your mobo, get a PSU with a 8 pin power plug

are you guys really arguing wether or not a 4 pin cpu connector will fry a computer

really?

REALLY?

how long have you guys been doing this?

Well, 4 pin connector from my cheap PSU is connected to 8 pin on my motherboard running FX-8320 for around 3 months. Without setting my house on fire even once. 

Am I good at this yet?

I have a similar question, what do the last 4 pins on a 24pin connector do? when i got my latest pc it wqas pre assembled so i plugged it in and started using ii, it was only afterwards that i realised i had been using it without the 4pin attached i assume it came out intransport but there was no noticable difference btween connected and not connected. So what does it do?

I'll have this in my build log update aswell.

IT WORKS

currently installing windows right now. mobo gave me no errors saying the 4pin wasn't enough. But as soon as i can get my PSU RMA'd i'll ditch this 300W thing i found.